Self-Care - is it 'anti-teamwork'?
I seem to find a lot of the time when I have Self-Care I have team mates who are REALLY insistent on healing me, one-on-one, which I find puzzling - I usually try to pull away a couple of times so they get the hint, but they waste SO much time attempting, pointing, circling - and then sometimes deliberately pallet surfing, I assume in annoyance, that I prefer to heal myself.
I get that it's slower than a team mate healing you - but to me, if I don't actually use it, it's a wasted perk slot and I think it's better for the team mate to go off and do other objectives and leave me to heal. Is it actually more efficient to just let them heal me, compared to me healing for longer and freeing them up for other objectives? Am I actually having a negative overall impact on the team by using it?
Comments
I get it for survivors new to the game who don't feel confident to continue fixing gens/getting into chases while injured. When people in green ranks and above are using it, then I definitely think it does more harm than good to the team. It takes so long to heal that you could make some gen progress or even cleanse a totem in that time. It's also funny because if the killer is running Nurses Calling then you're consistently drawing their attention to your location. It's just an all round useless perk that only benefits yourself and not the team.
The only context in which I think it'd be useful is when there's only two survivors left in the trial and the other gets hooked. It means you can get yourself to full health again without getting instantly downed when saving your team make, but having said that, med kits are way more efficient and don't waste a perk slot.