Adding a ranked mode with MMR
I love MMR because i've allways treated DBD as a competitive game and that way i can play against survivors that take the game seriously and try hard to win. But I understand that a big part of the community doesn't enjoy it. That's why i've allways been in favour of splitting it into casual and ranked mode were MMR will be active and people can try hard as much as they want without being insulted for that. The game doesn't have to be balanced and will never be, and honestly I don't care that much because i don't see killers competing against survivors, I see killers competing against other killers and survivors against other survivors to be better.
The playerbase is big enough to not make que times longer for splitting them, i don't buy the argument that this would cause any problem.
Another concern that i've heard is that at highest MMR there would be no variety of killers. I think this could be solved by adding a pool of random killers each game to be selected for banning and survivors get to ban an X ammount of those. For example: Survivors have 15 secs in the lobby to choose from a random pool of 50% of killers that got randomly selected to be available for each survivor to ban one of them. Then the killer has 15 seconds to choose one of the available killers and then the regular 1 preparation lobby starts. This way would prevent all the same killers getting banned all the time but also would make sure that you never see the same 3 killers being played.
I wish one day they experiment with it and if it turns out to be a disaster just roll it back, but man I really enjoyed the MMR test.
Comments