What does it mean to have skill?

So I'm just wondering as I have seen a lot of people say survivors or killers have skill amd I have to ask what does it exactly mean to have skill? And how do I know I have skill?

Comments

  • Usually they are good in chases. Good survivors have long chases, good killers have short chases. TBH tho, most of the ability in chases comes down to experience with the game and playing/ playing against tons of killers. The game isn't balanced for skill players in both roles at the same time.

  • Basically a skilled player will be able to do specific things for example

    Loop a killer for at least a gen or 2

    Lose killers in a chase multiple times

    Able to avoid detection

    Can do skill checks that are overcharge and decisive size without fail

    Loop a pallet for at least 3 times and stun killer with said pallet

    Knows when and when not to rescue teamates off hook

    Body blocks for teamates when killer is gunning for them


    Basically there is a lot of things that can mean someone is skilled but really it all comes down too do you sit in a corner hoping the killer won't see you so you can get hatch or do you actively help your team. Anyone who aids me in some way is skilled in my books even if they get hooked and camped but don't kill themselves is a huge help.

  • I feel like skill in this game is more so about planning. it's about recognizing tile sets and playing accordingly. That's about it though. Dbd is more knowledge based than mechanical (if at all).

  • What at least i considere skill, is when they keep the calm regardless of the situtation and see what is the best option

  • Personally, I have enough skill to know when I’m ######### in a chase. I do not have enough skill to unfuck myself in said chase.

  • Skill means taking calculated risks, knowing what you have to do, when to do it, and being able to do it.

  • For killers, good skill means good strategy. Winning the chase is part of it, but not enough to win the game.

    For survivor, it's all about the chase and how long you managed to keep the killer busy.