Important question about MMR test

In order to even understand if it's remotely working or what it's doing we kinda need to know one thing.

Does it start working immediately, utilizing information and statistics it gathered from matches prior to being activated; or does it only start gathering that information now that it's been turned on?

If the latter (which I assume is the case), roughly how many matches would it be before it should have enough to start trying to make matches it feels make sense?

if most people don't meet that threshold wouldn't one day not be long enough of a test to really gauge how well it works? Since it would only be really be in full effect for people who have been playing a lot.


Thanks.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    In order to even understand if it's remotely working or what it's doing we kinda need to know one thing.

    Does it start working immediately, utilizing information and statistics it gathered from matches prior to being activated; or does it only start gathering that information now that it's been turned on?

    If the latter (which I assume is the case), roughly how many matches would it be before it should have enough to start trying to make matches it feels make sense?

    if most people don't meet that threshold wouldn't one day not be long enough of a test to really gauge how well it works? Since it would only be really be in full effect for people who have been playing a lot.

    Thanks.

    it was collecting data for more than a year

  • Well I just got a huntress that got 0 hooks all game and I think maybe 3 actual hits all game.

    I then queued up as killer, haven't played much since rank reset but got this:

    image.png

    I am going to keep queuing as the same killer and see what happens....

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2031178#Comment_2031178

    Well I just got a huntress that got 0 hooks all game and I think maybe 3 actual hits all game.

    I then queued up as killer, haven't played much since rank reset but got this:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RN4N0F2WINAB/image.png

    I am going to keep queuing as the same killer and see what happens....

    you're just too good apparently (or mmr sucks)

  • I am going to give it the full test duration before I state my opinions, but it's not starting out well haha.

    Edit: game 2, dead at 5 gens but they actually took hits for each other and the ranks are slightly better

    image.png

    Edit2: Game 3, dead at 5 gens.

    image.png

    That doesn't necessarily mean that data is used for your matches it could mean they just used that data for building how the system works itself. Unless they stated specifically otherwise, do you have a link I can read up on?

  • Given that it is only active for 1 day, I think you can safely assume that it has been gathering data to power the new matching algorithm for some period of time up to now, otherwise 1 day is nowhere near enough time for any reasonable system to assess someone's skill, unless everyone played for 24 hours straight.

    They've probably just activated the switch which now uses the new matchmaking logic to actually match games, rather than just collect "skill" data which they are not using.

  • Game #4: It really does seem to slowly be getting progressively better a little at a time. Dead at 3 gens remaining this time. (However it was haddonfield with a BNP) but they played a bit smarter.

    image.png


  • @JPA said:

    Given that it is only active for 1 day, I think you can safely assume that it has been gathering data to power the new matching algorithm for some period of time up to now, otherwise 1 day is nowhere near enough time for any reasonable system to assess someone's skill, unless everyone played for 24 hours straight.

    They've probably just activated the switch which now uses the new matchmaking logic to actually match games, rather than just collect "skill" data which they are not using.

    I am not assuming anything, unless a developer or someone states exactly how I am not assuming anything, no matter how many upvotes a comment gets.


    In the meantime, I am going to keep reporting my matches as Demogorgon here, for science's sake :P

  • My question is what are the stats we are being rated on for the system? Flat kills? Emblems? In game actions?

  • Yeah not super impressed yet. Partnered with other survivors all rank 17 or higher against red rank killers. Seems a bit off.

  • Much smarter survivors this time, and my first red rank. All gens done, last one had to bail because other 2 were dead on hook and downed and I saw them at gate:

    image.png

    I also de-ranked somehow but I don't know how lol. I may have to equip rat liver if games keep getting harder.

    Edit: Game 6, dead at 3 gens, pretty good players but wasted time t-bagging and such getting themselves hit more than they would have.

    image.png

    Edit: Game 7, this is not getting any better. Dead 5 gens, disconnected on death hooks:

    image.png

    Edit: Game 8, dead at 4 gens.

    image.png


  • Game# 9 Yeah I guess it's not getting better, I don't know what this system is supposed to be doing, but whatever it is it isn't doing that:

    image.png

    Dead 5 gens again.


    Game #10

    I am done for the evening with this killer, but it's safe to say this isn't working:

    image.png