Question about the MMR matchmaking / also my feedback
Let's say it works perfectly, what would you assume should be the result of the match?
2k?
3k?
0k, 8 hooks?
what do you think is a trully balanced match? (and if any dev or mod would like to say what the MMR considers a balanced match,
)
edit: feedback
well. just got in a match against a huntress, 1k, exactly 4 hooks in the match. and david only died because she hard camped him on his second hook.
pretty good job so far.
well...time to play a killer match
edit - and judging by the time of my comments... match lasted less than 10 min
----
ok, also had a bubba match. I believe these were the easiest saws I ever did.
10 hooks total, would be 11, but I devour hope'd the last one. they finished 4 gens. (I only use devour for the insta downs and as a time waster for the survivors)
---
second bubba match. actually remembered to put a killer challenge from the archives.
11 hooks, 3 gens left. but the adam was afk the entire match, so I don't know if it should count...

Comments
2k or 0k/8hooks and/or length of match. Longer matches can mean more balance. "Gen Rush" or matches done excessively quick could mean bad matching between survivors and killer.opposite end is short matches with 4k with minimal gens done.
well. just got in a match against a huntress, 1k, exactly 4 hooks in the match. and david only died because she hard camped him on his second hook.
pretty good job so far.
well...time to play a killer match
edit - and judging by the time of my comments... match lasted less than 10 min
I think it should aim for 2-3 kills (or maybe 6-8 hooks), so that both sides have room for improvement.
If it would e.g. create a match with an expectation of 4k, then if the killer gets 4k, it only met the expectations, so killer's mmr is not going to increase by much. So that would not be very useful for the killer to improve.
Had match as survivor and it was a 2k (Claudette went AFK). I felt nurse did okay overall.
ok, also had a bubba match. I believe these were the easiest saws I ever did.
10 hooks total, would be 11, but I devour hope'd the last one. they finished 4 gens. (I only use devour for the insta downs and as a time waster for the survivors)
Even a truly balanced matchmaking isn't going to result in a truly balanced outcome. Otherwise you're completely negating player agency.
The idea is that a well balanced matchmaking result in the possibility of ANY outcome, 0k, 2k, 4k, 12 hooks, no hooks... as opposed to poor matchmaking which results in a predetermined outcome of one of the extremes.
Had a match as killer. It was an even 2k against 2 green ranks and 2 purple ranks, with 2 greens being killed.
I feel that killer matches were harder than survivor. Not sure if its because 4 good survivors vs. 1 good survivor as opposed to to 2 good/2 eh survivors vs. 1 okay killer