PS5 getting DC penalty for other people leaving.

I don’t know if this is PS5 only. But lately I’ve been getting DC penalties when people leave during the game loading.

So what happens exactly is, I’ll get into a lobby as survivor, either with a friend, or alone.

The match start loading, and then when we get into the actual game. The game will end, and show my survivor has escaped. A message will appear on screen saying somebody left the game while loading. Then I will head back to the main menu and be greeted with a DC time penalty.

This is happening so often, that I’m now getting 24 hour penalties.

If I’m playing with my brother who is also on PS5, it does the same to him. Someone leaves, (someone who isn’t in our party) and then me and my brother both get hit with a DC penalty.

I can honestly say that I haven’t disconnected from a match once, there’s literally no point. If I really need to leave I’ll just run up to a killer and then give up on the hook. Not that I ever do.

But thanks to this issue and the general crashes that plague this game still, I’m barely able to play. Because I keep getting DC penalties against me when I haven’t left the game, or when the game inevitably crashes.

It has become so much of a pain, that my brother has now uninstalled the game.

Tagged: Pending

Comments