Seems like hit detection does actually work...

Comments

  • I have a bunch of clips like this from a few weeks ago - I haven't played in a week or two due to the hit validation, and the lag during the day. I also tend to get laggier around survivors with high ping, to the point that I start teleporting around, even though my ping is 60-80. After the hit misses, I will slightly teleport away.

    Anyways, from what I understand, part of the hit validation is the server making predictions about where survivors will be over the next second or so when the attack animation begins. Sometimes that prediction is wrong, and even though the server can see the discrepancy, it doesn't show you the discrepancy - the server just shows her where it predicted her to be, but she wasn't really there. There are other explanation of course, but this is the most optimistic one I can think of.