We need MMR quick!!!
Please put survivors that like to be chased, doing stuff, hook rescue... and killer that likes to chase, good mind-game play together, and those survivors who like hiding and killer who likes checking corner together.
I just can't stand teammates that do not contribute anything to the team progress. That and survivors hiding all games during my killer session.
Comments
MMR will be a mess just like the last one. I don’t like being negative but MMR will not work in a game like this where we can’t even define a win yet
My personal question for the last try at mmr would be, was it really a mess?
I think most people complaint about playing too many rainbow rounds. Of course there were obvious new vs veteran players rounds mixed in.
The problem is that the personal mmr might not really corresponde to their rank atm. This point was already often discussed but rank does not necessarily equal skill but time invested. So it might be possible for red ranks to be matched with yellow in accordance to the mmr.
I just hope that the next time they want to try activating matchmaking based on the hidden mmr, that they hide or deactivate the until then used ranks. So people can't judge based on a rank which is not relevant anymore.
I mean people like otz and Scott jund were getting fresh installs to go against
What do you mean? I was being put into extremely fair lobbies all night last night.
🙈
Yeah that part was maybe due to the devs having no clue how to handle new players with a mmr.
New player either have no rating at all or like in competitive chess start with the average in the middle making them a target for everyone above and below.
A solution for this like in other team vs games would be something like a separate queue for everyone under devotion level 5-20 or something. Of course this would again cause problem with queue times.
This morning also such a round, against a doctor on Badham preschool.
Poor guy found me first and we played catch, he didn't hit once, fell for every mindgame and only let go of me after 3 gens. Then he had a Claudette down, unhooked, tunneled her out after that and she let herself die on the second hook. He went after a David, hurt him and ended up with me again, costing him the last two gens.
I saw on the final screen that he was rank 18! I slipped in there as rank 4, in an absolute rainbow lobby and the poor guy must have had a lousy round.
This result is absolutely frustrating for new killers and that's why it needs to be worked on, we need more new killers anyway to keep the queues for survivors consistently short.
I liked old MMR, but I seem to be in the minority. I admit that I was playing killers I shy away from, because I don’t want to get consistently walloped by survivors, while I learn the killer, and got lots of unskilled players. Which is what I needed so I could try and get a feel for throwing hatchets or blinking past walls. Soon as they turned it off, I had to go back to what I know or be run into the ground over and over again.