In Response to the 2.3.0 Changes

Introduction

Hello again, I am the Modern Fable, and I'd like to share some of my thoughts on the upcoming 2.3.0 Mid Chapter Patch Notes that were recently released. While I will addressing the balance changes in regards to this patch, I do appreciate the numerous bug fixes and quality of life additions to Dead by Daylight, now let's begin.

Fast Vaults and Faster Hooking

At the moment, it's far too early to tell whether the Fast Vault changes will be the correct choice in combating extended loops, however making the mechanic more clear and consistent is greatly appreciated. On the Killer side of things, the Hooking change is relatively small but will definitely assist in getting Killers back in the thick of things

Hook and Pallet Distances

Creating more equally distributed Hook and Pallet spawns is always welcome. It helps produce more consistent chase and hook circumstances. I.E. less situations where two survivors are hooked next to each other or a chase is extended or cut short unreasonably due to cluttered/scattered spawning.

Healing

The increased heal times (12s to 16s) grants Killers with more time to act and move freely, this is a pleasant change. In exchange however, the Mangled effect previously increasing heal times by 25% will now be 20%, which seems unnecessary but not a dramatic difference. One question I have is whether the text is inaccurate or not, as the notes states Mangled will increase the heal time from (16s to 20s), but the math would result in 19.2s.

Increasing the recovery speed is an interesting change, but not entirely unwelcome. The speed now more closely matches Self Care, making the interaction more consistent with other interactions. The increased amount that you can recover is curious as well, however I'd like to imagine the change will be monitored if it is in need of adjustments.

Sabotage

Making adjustments to Sabotage tend to tread dangerous territory if overly compensated. Sabotaging Hooks will be far more impactful now, especially with Saboteur. I do hope these changes are very carefully observed.

Emblems

I am very much in favor of rewarding Killers for pursuing several Survivors and thus feel the change to the Devout Emblem is most agreeable. However, the change to Chaser, while it does provide reasons to not guard hooks, it does not account for situations where Survivors remain in close proximity to the hooked Survivor. At the very least, the Emblem should not punish a Killer for staying in close proximity to the hook while Survivors are near. I have personally written possible solutions to aid in hook guarding and tunneling in a separate discussion and I feel the issue can be handled in a much better manner.

Perks

I do not have much to say in regards to the Perk changes, however I would like to see some of the changes made to other perks as well. Such as Make Your Choice's new visual effect being applied to Territorial Imperative as well.

Conclusion

Put simply, while I find that most of the changes are attempting to target some core issues, I feel that they fall short in many regards and could do with several alterations. The fixes and quality of life changes across the board are great and I am looking forward to a more reliable experience. 2.3.0 will surely shake things up and keep things changing at the very least, though I'd prefer much more lengthy and drastic changes personally as I have mentioned before.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/21905/concerned-player-suggesting-changes

Regardless, this was a decent patch with high and low points. I am the Modern Fable, and I'll see you guys in the Fog.

Comments