The trickster is probably the worst killer in the game in the actual PTB state

I've played this killer just a few games but I can't help but wonder why would I play this over the Plague. He plays in a similar way but it's worse in every aspect.

1- He has to reload (plague doesn't)

2- His knives states decay if you don't get the 8th (plague just infects you over time)

3- Survivor gets speedboost when injured by 8th knife (plague just fully infects you and can m1)

4- His powerup is worse than plague's and you can use it much less

5- Plague can passively injure other players infecting stuff.

6- 110 speed like ######### why?

And with all being said Plague has never been a top killer, just a mediocre one at least. I would put this killer in garbage tier in this current state even below trapper and wraith (specially after his upcoming buff), hoping to see changes to make him playable since the idea of the killer is ok.

Comments

  • I think someone has forgotten PTB Ghostface

  • I honestly think he seems a lot stronger than Plague. You can literally deny Plague her Corrupt Purge and just loop her all game turning her into an M1 killer. At least with Trickster nobody can stop you from throwing knives. The fact he can down people around loops, whilst they’re vaulting and from a distance instantly makes him better than her in my opinion.

    I don’t dislike Vommy Mommy but I’d never pick her over Trickster in terms of power.

  • I still don't get why people make such harsh judgements this early during the PTB.

    And before you say something like "Its obvious he's bad" people said the same for Slinger in his PTB and the same for Pyramid Head in his PTB.

    Could he end up weak? Its entirely possible, but atleast give it more time than just a few games.

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    I still don't get why people make such harsh judgements during the PTB.

    And before you say something like "Its obvious he's bad" people said the same for Slinger in his PTB and the same for Pyramid Head in his PTB.

    Could he end up weak? Its entirely possible, but atleast give it more time than just a few games.

    The entire point of the PTB is to give feedback of the killer...

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    I still don't get why people make such harsh judgements during the PTB.

    And before you say something like "Its obvious he's bad" people said the same for Slinger in his PTB and the same for Pyramid Head in his PTB.

    Could he end up weak? Its entirely possible, but atleast give it more time than just a few games.

    Or when Spirit was considered weak during PTB. And even still thought she needed more buffs after the buffs from PTB


    The killer seems mid tier imo. He's got strengths and weaknesses. If you catch a survivor in the open, they're screwed and if they try to loop at a low wall loop, they're screwed as well. You can get a lot of knives hits on survivors going for window and pallet vaults. He gets screwed over at some jungle gyms and other loops with tall walls. Basically just a weaker version of Huntress and Deathslinger. But his power is super spammable, so I'm afraid how strong he'll be if they buff him too much. There ain't really much counterplay for survivors due to how fast he throws.

  • @vacaman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1991525#Comment_1991525

    The entire point of the PTB is to give feedback of the killer...

    Yes, I'm aware, and apologies for the poor wording on my part, I should've mentioned this early into the PTB.

    My end point still stands however, feedback after playing only a few games isn't going to be extremely accurate more often than not, maybe give it a few more days, see how it goes, and if he's still weak then I think we can complain about him, but for now he needs more time.

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    I still don't get why people make such harsh judgements during the PTB.

    And before you say something like "Its obvious he's bad" people said the same for Slinger in his PTB and the same for Pyramid Head in his PTB.

    Could he end up weak? Its entirely possible, but atleast give it more time than just a few games.

    Jesus, even Spirit was considered weak upon her PTB and initial release. Look how foolish all those old claims are now.

  • It's funny how this exact thread comes up every single ptb.

    Now i agree his mechanics could use some tweaking.

    But still every single ptb

  • Instead of meaningless comments saying "Spirit was told to be weak too in PTB" i'd prefer "actually Trikster is already good because X and Y and Z".

  • Looks like i was right