The Most Baffling DBD Match of All Time

This will be a slightly longer post, but I promise it'll be worth the read as you experience the pain and bewilderment of solo Q DBD at its finest. I truly wish I had recorded this match, because it deserves to be in a museum.

As a rank 3 solo survivor I spawned in to one of the dead ends in Groaning Storehouse with all 3 of my teammates. I decided to let them pile onto the 3 man gen nearby while I ran inwards to scout the map. I don't get very far before I hear the sounds of a T1 Myers breathing down my neck. After crapping my pants I proceeded to loop him for about 60 seconds as he was notably not even trying to stalk me to get out of Tier 1. Suffice to say, he failed to even injure me, he lost 2 gens, and eventually gave up on the chase.

I proceeded to start working on a gen, and while I'm sitting there holding M1 he managed to catch one of my teammates. By chasing her down. As a T1 Myers. In a chase that lasted about 10 seconds.

5 minutes into the match with 4 gens done and I'm starting to think we're going against a scratched mirror Myers who forgot to bring a map offering. Then he finally popped Tier 2. After picking my jaw up off the floor I think to myself that if he wins this match my brain is going to melt. Spoiler Alert: he won the match and I now keep the liquified remains of my cerebellum in a beaker in the fridge where my cats can't reach it.

It didn't take him much longer to start getting his Tier 3s and my teammates start falling like dominoes. His Ruin stayed up all match which undoubtedly gave him immense value. I got 4 hook saves, and with each save I crouched down as if to tell them, "Let me heal you." All 4 times my teammates ignored me and booked it for the corner of the map to use their self-cares, and my soul shriveled up just a little bit more.

15 minutes into the match and he's been holding the final gen for 10 minutes. One of my teammates is dead and I realize that the only way we win this is if I take Daddy Myers on the longest chase of his life. I made some mistakes though, and only managed to last about 30 seconds.

Here's where things get truly insane: he hooks me just outside the main building, about 10 meters away from where my teammates are double-teaming the last gen. Then he walks over to the window and starts stalking them. They did not notice. I genuinely think they were so inexperienced that they didn't know that they could look away from the gen while repairing it. They were well inside his terror radius and I even had Kindred, so if they had bothered to turn their heads slightly to the left they would've seen him outlined in bright pink. Instead he popped Tier 3, vaulted the window, and murdered them while they ran around in a panic.

The post match screen showed Mikey was green rank and my teammates were yellow rank, which was not surprising. The killer was super nice in chat, and I don't blame him for the fact that matchmaking kinda screwed all of us.

Then I turned off my computer and went on a long walk through the woods at 10PM to process what had happened and reevaluate my life choices.

And now you get to process that debacle along with me!

Fin

Comments