Why oh why

So just decided to run self care for a few games all seems good and well until one small issue happens SELF CARE TAKES PRIORITY OVER EVERYTHING! Yea some of you will realise this but I didn't I went to unhook someone bam self care I went to hide in a locker bam self care then I was on the hatch and bam self F-ing care I lost the match because of self care a perk that apparently takes over importance of escape so my advice to new survivors or anyone who plans to play around with it.... DO NOT

Comments

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    So just decided to run self care for a few games all seems good and well until one small issue happens SELF CARE TAKES PRIORITY OVER EVERYTHING! Yea some of you will realise this but I didn't I went to unhook someone bam self care I went to hide in a locker bam self care then I was on the hatch and bam self F-ing care I lost the match because of self care a perk that apparently takes over importance of escape so my advice to new survivors or anyone who plans to play around with it.... DO NOT

    a better alternative to me is bond, it lets you know where your teammates are at the moment for an easy heal if needed, i started using it and never went back to self care

  • To quote otz: Why does this nancy have self care when she has immediate access to inner strength!

    We do not question these people haha.

  • This is why I prefer Inner Strength, I even recommended it to my friends over Self-Care.

    Inner Strength only takes 10/9/8 seconds to heal yourself and it can't be counteracted by sloppy butcher or any healing speed debuff perks. Plus, it saves you more time than self-care would if someone was on a hook.

  • Im guessing you are playing on console? Well, yes. That is a nightmare LOL.

    I switched to PC in December and it is waaaaay better controls.

  • @Elena said:

    This is why I prefer Inner Strength, I even recommended it to my friends over Self-Care.

    Inner Strength only takes 10/9/8 seconds to heal yourself and it can't be counteracted by sloppy butcher or any healing speed debuff perks. Plus, it saves you more time than self-care would if someone was on a hook.

    I've thought about inner strength but always been put off by having to find totems

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978100#Comment_1978100

    I've thought about inner strength but always been put off by having to find totems

    If you memorise totem placements, they become easier to find.

    For example, the most common locations for totems to spawn are places like these on the Autohaven wreckers maps:

    image.png

    An old picture but it's only the graphics that have changed, the totem spawns haven't changed much since the graphic rework to those maps.

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978100#Comment_1978100

    I've thought about inner strength but always been put off by having to find totems

    Odds are you will stumble across one even if it's dull and you are not looking for one at some point. It then stays in the bank so to speak literally till you need it. Negates all types of bad stuff, and you can hide while using it better, it doesn't even make sounds of you healing or trigger nurse's calling.

    It's vastly superior in literally every single way; other than you will probably only get one or two uses out of it instead of infinite- problem is if you are self caring more than one or two times in a game, there is already a MUCH bigger problem at play.