About Iridescent Head

There were for sure many other posts about it so I will add mine. Iridescent Head should stay at 1 hatched without the possibility to increase the number of the hatches. Basically Each and every time when I face that huntress game end below 5 minutes. I don't know how any sane person can describe it as balanced. Well, it would be if the hatchets would stay at 1. Add to that problem leaving teammates each time and questionable hitboxes and we can easily say it's pre-nerf mori tier.

Comments

  • They'd still be oppressive because it's still a free one shot down for the whole game. I think Scott Jund's idea where Iri Head only gives one shot downs for throws that were far is a good idea. It should still reduce the number of hatchets by 4 and Infantry Belt should still be able to increase to 3.

  • The issue is that the devs seem to want to allow any possible combination of add-ons and perks. As such, they won't really make an add-on or perk that expressly excludes the use of another one. Are there counter-intuitive combinations in the game? Absolutely. However, none of them expressly forbid, prohibit, or intentionally cancel another out. It's clear the devs want any number of possible combinations. As such, they wouldn't make Iri Heads expressly ignore any other add-on. The better option would be the modify the Iri Head to come with pre-requisites to get an instant-down. Similar to Clowns Pinky Finger, which requires a direct hit and then an M1 attack. In this scenario, a pre-requisite range would need to be met, or the axe must be fully charged.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    The issue is that the devs seem to want to allow any possible combination of add-ons and perks. As such, they won't really make an add-on or perk that expressly excludes the use of another one. Are there counter-intuitive combinations in the game? Absolutely. However, none of them expressly forbid, prohibit, or intentionally cancel another out. It's clear the devs want any number of possible combinations. As such, they wouldn't make Iri Heads expressly ignore any other add-on. The better option would be the modify the Iri Head to come with pre-requisites to get an instant-down. Similar to Clowns Pinky Finger, which requires a direct hit and then an M1 attack. In this scenario, a pre-requisite range would need to be met, or the axe must be fully charged.

    Just throwing this out there but thats not true. Hag has specific add ons that disable her teleports that eliminate certain add on combinations as an example

  • @kingcarl2012 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1976993#Comment_1976993

    Just throwing this out there but thats not true. Hag has specific add ons that disable her teleports that eliminate certain add on combinations as an example

    Actually, I technically DID cover that.

    "Are there counter-intuitive combinations in the game? Absolutely."

    Also, I'm am currently looking at Hags Add-ons, and while there are several that remove teleportation to TRIPPED traps, they don't disable all add-on modifications. As far as I can tell from looking them over, no add-on outright cancels another out. Some major benefits can be lost, but most of the add-ons still have some kind of functionality when combined.


    Edit: The Cicada and the Waterlogged Shoes, however, are an awful combination. I can see your point with those in particular.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977104#Comment_1977104

    Actually, I technically DID cover that.

    "Are there counter-intuitive combinations in the game? Absolutely."

    Also, I'm am currently looking at Hags Add-ons, and while there are several that remove teleportation to TRIPPED traps, they don't disable all add-on modifications. As far as I can tell from looking them over, no add-on outright cancels another out. Some major benefits can be lost, but most of the add-ons still have some kind of functionality when combined.

    I mean i guess but it'd be pretty stupid to run waterlogged shoe with dragonfly wings, i could do it but 1 add on would literally do nothing.

  • @kingcarl2012 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977135#Comment_1977135

    I mean i guess but it'd be pretty stupid to run waterlogged shoe with dragonfly wings, i could do it but 1 add on would literally do nothing.

    Ya. I was looking at those combos. The silly thing is I bet they still set her Teleportation distance as being further, but also still cancel the ability to use it. That said, it IS pretty rare to see something like this in the game.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977104#Comment_1977104

    Actually, I technically DID cover that.

    "Are there counter-intuitive combinations in the game? Absolutely."

    Also, I'm am currently looking at Hags Add-ons, and while there are several that remove teleportation to TRIPPED traps, they don't disable all add-on modifications. As far as I can tell from looking them over, no add-on outright cancels another out. Some major benefits can be lost, but most of the add-ons still have some kind of functionality when combined.

    I'm guessing those add-ons are "no notification on tripping a trap" and "traps have hitboxes" (I'm not sure, I'm not versed in Hag add-ons)

    But... It would be damn funny to not be able to walk over a tripped trap you can't see...

  • @IWFreak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977135#Comment_1977135

    I'm guessing those add-ons are "no notification on tripping a trap" and "traps have hitboxes" (I'm not sure, I'm not versed in Hag add-ons)

    But... It would be damn funny to not be able to walk over a tripped trap you can't see...

    It doesn't notify Hag when a Survivor hits the trap. The Survivors see it as normal.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977426#Comment_1977426

    It doesn't notify Hag when a Survivor hits the trap. The Survivors see it as normal.

    Hold up... Are you sure? I know what most add-ons do for hag (just don't know their name), but can't remember that one.

    It should either be:

    survs don't get a notification, or Hag can't teleport to them.

  • @IWFreak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977428#Comment_1977428

    Hold up... Are you sure? I know what most add-ons do for hag (just don't know their name), but can't remember that one.

    It should either be:

    survs don't get a notification, or Hag can't teleport to them.

    Alright, did some digging.

    The addon combo I meant was this:

    Screenshot_20210227-041628~2.png Screenshot_20210227-041610~2.png

    But the Scarred Hand and Waterlogged Shoe both remove the ability to teleport.

    Screenshot_20210227-041528~2.png

    While Rusty Shackles gives the survs NO notification on trigger.

  • @IWFreak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977428#Comment_1977428

    Hold up... Are you sure? I know what most add-ons do for hag (just don't know their name), but can't remember that one.

    It should either be:

    survs don't get a notification, or Hag can't teleport to them.

    I must have read it wrong, my bad.