Does anyone have more information about the Japan Championship?

Are the teams top-level in Japan? Does anyone know how it was set up and how they picked the teams? Something doesn't seem right like they might not be top-level but I really can't tell because I don't speak Japanese and can't understand the commentators.

Comments

  • First, 32 teams were selected for the preliminary stage in order of their average rank close to 1 among the teams that applied online in advance.

    Next, the eight teams that survived the preliminary stage will compete in the quarterfinals and beyond, which are being distributed starting today.

    I don't know if they are top tier or not, but this tournament has some restrictions, so they may not be top tier (this tournament is for ps4 and ps5 only, pc is not included).

    It's hard to tell in detail... I'm sorry if my English is not good enough.

  • @fake said:

    First, 32 teams were selected for the preliminary stage in order of their average rank close to 1 among the teams that applied online in advance.

    Next, the eight teams that survived the preliminary stage will compete in the quarterfinals and beyond, which are being distributed starting today.

    I don't know if they are top tier or not, but this tournament has some restrictions, so they may not be top tier (this tournament is for ps4 and ps5 only, pc is not included).

    It's hard to tell in detail... I'm sorry if my English is not good enough.

    That is enough information. Thank you.

  • I wondered if they played on console based on the weird movements we see. Thank you for the precisions.

    Perks restriction and the detail of scoring probably explain why this does not look like the typical DBD games.

  • @fake said:

    First, 32 teams were selected for the preliminary stage in order of their average rank close to 1 among the teams that applied online in advance.

    Next, the eight teams that survived the preliminary stage will compete in the quarterfinals and beyond, which are being distributed starting today.

    I don't know if they are top tier or not, but this tournament has some restrictions, so they may not be top tier (this tournament is for ps4 and ps5 only, pc is not included).

    It's hard to tell in detail... I'm sorry if my English is not good enough.

    I don´t understand how they calculate the points. Isn´t it about kills?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1959343#Comment_1959343

    I don´t understand how they calculate the points. Isn´t it about kills?

    1kill=1pt

    2kill=2pt

    3kill=3pt

    4kill=5pt


    Repeat the attack and defense.

    Today's quarterfinals and the next semifinals are two-round games with a total of four matches.

    Only the final is a three-round game with a total of six matches.


    There are also two rounds of qualifying.

  • @fake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1959395#Comment_1959395

    1kill=1pt

    2kill=2pt

    3kill=3pt

    4kill=5pt

    Repeat the attack and defense.

    Today's quarterfinals and the next semifinals are two-round games with a total of four matches.

    Only the final is a three-round game with a total of six matches.

    There are also two rounds of qualifying.

    Thank you. Very interesting!