Reverse bear trap activation

I don’t like the idea of traps being able to be disarmed before they are even activated. I think they should arm immediately, and instantly kill the survivor should someone complete a generator before it is disarmed. 

Currently I only use traps on the escape phase and it usually works out. But still, I wish I didn’t have to follow them, and make sure they don’t disarm their trap while I’m trying to patrol generators. It’s too much to handle.  

I shouldn't be the one to feel pressured when I’m the one that put the damn trap on that survivor. I understand it’s a strategic choice but it carries far more risk than reward. Too much. 

Comments

  • That would be broken and what if someone gets unhooked and 1 second later a gen is done? The unhooked would immediately die without even getting a chance to do something about it lol

    I agree that it's a little annoying to wait for a generator to be completed especially in the late game but it requires a lot of planning ahead on when to use them as they can be a very powerful tool (if well timed).

    In the end the trap was created to stall out the game and to buy time to find other survivors and down them as well. It does not really matter that much if the trap goes off immediately or not because they must take off the head piece at some point sooner or later.

    BUT there is a saving grace and it comes in form of an add-on called "Rule Set No. 2". It disables the ability to take off the head trap before it has been activated as the survivors cannot locate any Jigsaw Boxes until a generator is completed.