I’m incredibly confused about Victor.

It was my understanding that if Charlotte leaves Victor idle, it is possible to avoid detection from killer instinct by crouching towards Victor.

However, whenever I try to do this Charlotte/Victor ALWAYS know I’m there and they immediately switch back to Victor to attempt pouncing on me. This is the fifth time this has occurred (that’s how many Twins I’ve played against)

How do they know I’m there?

Comments

  • The Killer Instinct happens immediately once you start hearing victor's shrieking. So unless you are crouching before entering his shrieking range you will have Killer Instinct go off for a second.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Intuition, other aura reading perks, constantly switching back to Victor to check, or, she has that yellow addon which increases the detection range so you're not expecting it.

    Those add ons also increase his sound radius for balance purposes, so that survivors can know whether they’re in detection range or not

  • @Crowman said:

    The Killer Instinct happens immediately once you start hearing victor's shrieking. So unless you are crouching before entering his shrieking range you will have Killer Instinct go off for a second.

    Which I am. I’m hiding by crouching while I watch Victor zip about. I observe and when he goes idle I’ll start crouch walking. The moment I move Charlotte switches back to Victor, and Victor is coming straight to my location. Which suggests I’m still somehow triggering killer instinct.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1950894#Comment_1950894

    Yeah, but if you try to see victor and try to calculate the distance, it will be higher than expected which is enough to reveal you once. And you also have to crouch before entering the zone like crowman said.

    I am already crouching before approaching

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They are probably just switching back and forth because they want to make sure they are camping right lmao.

    I feel bad for you for having to face this killer 5 times in a single day, I'd have already closed it after the second time.

    Lol, no not 5 times today. 5 times total since their release. But always same thing. Crouching doesn’t seem to counter killer instinct

  • Something to rember is that Victor's shrieks are like Doctors TR. You literally cannot hear it when you are at the very edge, so it's entirely possible you can get highlighted/zapped without even knowing.

  • You were probably running/walking in the radius before you crouched. It's literally impossible to use Victor's shrieks to know when you need to start crouching because if you hear him, he can detect you with killer instinct. The only way to not be caught is by crouching across the entire map or if you know he's in the general are, start crouching really early. Both of these waste so much time, obviously and by the time you've made your way to him they'll have likely switched back anyway.