When you type an insult in the chat. Do you really mean what you say?

I'm an average player, rank 10.

There are games where i can do a good job and games when i make mistakes.

In this game I am very worried about my teammates, trying to help them and keep them alive.

Happened many times when i helped unhook a teammate while a gate was open and i had no chance of escape.

In my last match i didn't notice that one survivor was on hook before.

I guess because the UI or just my confusion.

At the end chat one of the teammate insulted me for staying there while i could escape.


I wonder if insulting a player on purpose comes from their personal thought about them

Or they don't really mean what they say?

Comments

  • I flame people who flame me first. Once that happens, I’ll say things to get a rise out of them.

  • chat?

    *cries in console

  • Normally, it's a heated comment that fades as quickly as it happened. I wouldn't think too much of it. Sometimes, people take it further. Thing is, it's a game. While competitive spirit is good, it's not an excuse to be a toxic turd. Report that kind of behavior. At the end of the day, you're playing a game, and what people say or do outside of it is not really an issue.

  • As if any of those trolls are gonna admit they type insults in chat. I would be really surprised if the ones that start throwing mud will own up to it.

  • It's best not to insult people in chat. That just adds to the overall hostility.

    Sometimes when I'm annoyed with someone, I'll be sarcastic with them. But even that is not a good idea. If you can feel yourself becoming really agitated with the chat, it's probably a good idea to just leave.

    But to answer your original question, it depends. I think a lot of people who type nasty comments are just blowing off steam. But I imagine some of them really are that mean in real life.

  • The only insult I ever use is some variation of this:


    "If I am such a trash killer, why are you dead?"

  • Its usually because I'm upset in the moment. But I won't ever call someone slurs or tell them to, y'know.