So how are pallet hits actually supposed to work in this game?
How are hits on a survivor when they are vaulting over a pallet supposed to work? I have 1,000 hours in this game and I still don't exactly know.
I've always assumed it was when a survivor is 50% or more over the pallet the hit is supposed to bounce off of the pallet and not actually hit the survivor but that is never ever how it works in my games. I always get green ping and never seem to get over 30 or 40 in a game but 95% of the time i'll get hit when i'm basically standing up after vaulting a pallet or will get hit through a pallet that's almost all the way dropped. This has nothing to do with the new bad hitboxes and what's funny is I basically haven't noticed a difference at all because all of my hits as survivor are usually that bad.
What is really annoying is that when I play killer it never goes that way for me. Most of the time when I swing at a survivor who is vaulting and they are 50% over the pallet my hit bounces. I almost can never replicate what happens to me 95% of the time as a survivor. My theory has always been that most killers I go against just have bad latency but that doesn't seem to be right. Why is it that every hit that connects or doesn't connect when i'm a killer seem fair but not when i'm a survivor?
Am I right about the 50% thing or am I completely off? Is every hit over a pallet supposed to hit and if that is the case why can I never do it as a killer but it happens to me as a survivor? This is like the most annoying thing to me and sometimes just ruins the game.
Comments
This game rewards bad connection.
You are pretty much right about the 50% thing.It's supposed to work like that.
However,latency is a thing so most of the time if the killer has a rather bad connection (about yellow or red) you get quite often hit as survivor when you shouldn't have been.