If I change the in game sound files to my custom ones, will I get banned?

A friend and I want to change the sound files in game to custom ones of us since we thought it could be fun. We thought that this could maybe be seen as cheating since it's tampering with the game files, but I really don't see why it should be a problem.

Comments

  • Yes, it most likely can trigger a ban from easy anti cheat


    Specially sounds, as you can change them to give an advantage in game, as an example, changing the sound of survivor's walking with rubber ducks, making it easier to tell where survivors are

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    Yes, it most likely can trigger a ban from easy anti cheat

    Specially sounds, as you can change them to give an advantage in game, as an example, changing the sound of survivor's walking with rubber ducks, making it easier to tell where survivors are

    Alright thank you, this is what I assumed the answer would be. It's a shame though, as I thought that woul be quite fun to do. Thank you for your answer! :D