Killers

Why is it not possible for the killers to lose points while hovering around a hanging survivor??

Comments

  • Probably because camping (hovering around a hooked survivor) is often a tactical play, especially if you know survivors are around, its egc, or their timer is almost up and you want to confirm a kill.

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    Probably because camping (hovering around a hooked survivor) is often a tactical play, especially if you know survivors are around, its egc, or their timer is almost up and you want to confirm a kill.

    Fair enough. It’s just always seemed lazy to me. I’ve enjoyed the game much more when everyone has to work for a win. But I understand and get what you’re saying

  • Not sure i agree with "often" being a tactical play. Ultimately though it's an option they need to have in their tool belt. Depending on the situation it's definitely scummy. But still can't nor should be punishable.

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    Probably because camping (hovering around a hooked survivor) is often a tactical play, especially if you know survivors are around, its egc, or their timer is almost up and you want to confirm a kill.

    Yeah... a "tactical" play. Totally not just being rewarded for standing in front of a hook.

  • Killers lose emblem points if they're within 16 meters of a hooked survivor, but only if there aren't any other survivors around.

    It might feel crappy that killers don't lose actual BP, but fear not. That facecamper is definitely not going to pip.

  • Yeah I dunno. I feel 9/10 the games my friends and I play we get hooked they stand there. There’s the odd time the killer runs off and it’s an actual good game. I get having to maintain points and I get the goal of not getting hooked at all. I’ve also had more experienced players “play” with my character and it’s been a fun battle. Granted the more experienced player still wins. It just seems petty to me to just stand there

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1942422#Comment_1942422

    Yeah... a "tactical" play. Totally not just being rewarded for standing in front of a hook.

    The only time it isn't tactical is camping for no reason, and if that happens survivors can genrush. But if you know 2 or 3 survivors are coming for the save, then its tactical. If its egc and you want a kill, although maybe not tactical it's usually accepted among the community, and camping someone for the last 10 seconds on the hook is tactical.