PC - Inactive Demogorgon Portals audible to survivors

Map: Midwich Elementary School

Frequency of the Issue: Once (encountered so far!)

[UPDATE: Issue isn't Map-Specific but a general bug for Demogorgon as a whole]


Issue:

In Midwich Elementary school (public match), any portals set by the Demogorgon were audible, even if they had not been activated by traversing through them yet. [Video Below]


Steps to recreate:

  • Load into Midwich Elementary school with Demogorgon as the killer [edit: can apparently happen on any map]
  • Let Demogorgon set down a portal (do not activate it)
  • Let survivor stand on top of the inactive portal
  • Survivor should be able to hear but not see the portal

=> Even though the Portal is invisible and doesn't apply the Oblivious Status Effect, it will still very clearly play the specific Portal Sounds. Essentially Survivors can now still know wherever you set your portals even if you haven't traversed them at all yet.


In the Clip below this is demonstrated on two different portals.

https://youtu.be/9-9L9wEWf7g


Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • I think it's on every map, not just Midwich

    I noticed this on a Coldwind map, Rancid Abbatoir to be specific.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    I think it's on every map, not just Midwich

    I noticed this on a Coldwind map, Rancid Abbatoir to be specific.

    I updated it now, I've noticed it on a lot more maps now so it seems to be a general Demogorgon Problem that's not map specific. Not sure if it was patched in any of the last updates but I saw your comment just now so I thought I'd just edit it real quick.