PC: Softlock from clicking the "spectate" button as the last survivor dies

1: Boot the game

2: Play as survivor in public match

3: Escape as the third survivor to exit the match

4: Click the "spectate" button right as the last survivor dies. (Immediately upon entering spectator mode, I heard the piano sting that indicates the death of the spectated survivor.)

5: Be redirected to this screen. (ladyluck_99 was the last survivor to die.) The "Leave" button which normally causes spectator mode to exit did nothing when pressed. This was the cause of the softlock: I could not leave the screen. The perks in the lower right also appear to be my own perks and not ladyluck's.

https://i.imgur.com/IZBOupA.jpg


WHAT I BELIEVE TO HAVE HAPPENED: I clicked the spectate mode on the same frame as the last survivor died. This caused unintended behavior.


I WAS PLAYING: Feng Min

THE KILLER WAS: The Hillbilly

THE LAST SURVIVOR WAS: Yui Kimura

WE WERE PLAYING ON: Azarov's Resting Place

This has never happened to me before, nor have I ever heard of it happening. If it is, indeed, a frame-perfect glitch, I imagine it must be rather rare.

Tagged: Pending

Comments