Spectating/End Game Can't Leave Match (video included)

https://youtu.be/AbwICPLjY88

PC - Steam

I escaped the round and hit spectate, and I saw the one screen that's in the photo. I waited until the timer ran out because I figured it would work after that, but it didn't. I tried hitting the leave button but it didn't do anything. Also the audio was cutting out. It was one of the coldwind maps

20210210121917_1.jpg


Tagged: Acknowledged

Comments

  • Same. I tried to spectate at the exact moment my last teammate died, and I'm not sure if that's what did it. I got trapped in a weird purgatory and had to force quit the program to exit. Like the OP, I'm on PC with controller; not sure if that matters (switching back to mouse also did not allow me to leave).

    dbd trapped.jpg


  • If you're on PC you can hit ESC to 'Quit Game to Desktop'... but other than that, you're stuck on this screen forever... even when the escape timer runs out.

    https://youtu.be/gnJ9ED9OKEE

  • Adding my post here


    1.) Boot game

    2.) Load in as survivor

    3.) Die

    4.) Begin to spectate at the moment that last survivor leaves exit gate.

    Expected result: spectator mode automatically closes and/or you can manually exit spectator mode

    actual result: EGC timer continues and the "leave" button does not function, resulting in specator being soft-locked


    Character Played: Meg

    Perks: DS, Unbreakable, Soul Guard, Deliverance

    Map: The Game

    Frequency: Only has occurred once, but I haven't tried to recreate it

    Controls: K+M


    stuckinspectate.jpg stuckinspectate2.jpg stuckinspectate3.jpg



    Note EGC timer still being active while running down and eventually after EGC timer runs out, it disappears, but spectator is STILL stuck.

    Log file is too big to upload

  • @Sirmrclass said:

    Adding my post here

    1.) Boot game

    2.) Load in as survivor

    3.) Die

    4.) Begin to spectate at the moment that last survivor leaves exit gate.

    Expected result: spectator mode automatically closes and/or you can manually exit spectator mode

    actual result: EGC timer continues and the "leave" button does not function, resulting in specator being soft-locked

    Character Played: Meg

    Perks: DS, Unbreakable, Soul Guard, Deliverance

    Map: The Game

    Frequency: Only has occurred once, but I haven't tried to recreate it

    Controls: K+M

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IR7P7SAI2TDR/stuckinspectate.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GZFMMZFKBCZ5/stuckinspectate2.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/47GDTUY1VN6S/stuckinspectate3.jpg

    Note EGC timer still being active while running down and eventually after EGC timer runs out, it disappears, but spectator is STILL stuck.

    Log file is too big to upload

    And that is how you report a bug. Great job. I saw it for the first time on Tru3Tal3nts stream