Another "I Don't Like the New UI Thread." (You've read one, you've read them all.)

Yeah I don't like the new UI Either! It's beyond not liking it, I mean being apathetic would be better than this. This is a significant downstep. I originally saw the complaints, and thought "Wow people complaining about headaches? Having to move their eyes too much? Things aren't obvious enough? What babies! That sounds like a stupid reason to complain about anything. Have we forgotten we're getting killed by a raging lunatic?"

Then I used it.

Yeah moving eyes too much is totally a valid complaint. I find myself naturally just ignoring all the information because either everything is fine and it doesn't matter, or things have gone bad really fast and I don't have time to juke, loop and parse at the same time. At this point it's encouraging me to not care about others health states, because I'm really not moving my eyes that much. It's not me making a conscious choice, it's honestly unconscious.

I kind of do have a headache too. I don't know if it's UI related, or a placebo. I don't know how a UI can cause a headache, but my eyes aren't digging me very much either.


Sidenotes - The animations are totally weird, I feel like I can't turn nearly as tightly anymore? Standing up completely vertically is very useful if you're going for stealth. Very useful to not have your limbs spread out giving your location away. I'll post a screenshot below.

As for hit detection like woooooow, I was hoping those threads were exaggeration or high latency outliers. Nah man, it's really bad. Like goodness gracious.

I liked the new Gideon though. I was going against a hillbilly and he was not having a good time. Is it just me or does everything seem brighter?

vlcsnap-2021-02-09-18h10m32s635.png


Comments