New HUD and UI I can live with, but the hit boxes need to be fixed ASAP
New HUD and UI - The new HUD and UI are okay, they’re not bad but they’re not good either. All the information is scattered across the screen making it hard to keep track of things, especially the gens. I like the way you can see how many hooks a survivor has. However, the hook/bleed out timer is WAY too small; It needs to be bigger. In my opinion, I don’t think it needs to be reverted but it needs to be bettered.
Character Movement - I’m unsure as to why this was changed? It’s not a bad alteration but nobody asked for it. Surely the developers would change the things that their players have asked for? Also this change makes it insanely difficult to 360 killers. However, movement does seem to be less clunky and a lot smoother.
Hit Boxes - The hit boxes are HUUUGGE. My friends and I played as survivor today, usually we play all night. Tonight we played four games and had to stop because these new hit boxes make the game UNPLAYABLE!! Please fix this soon, it’s actually ridiculous. We were literally getting hit from what felt like 2-3 meters behind where we actually were? Freddie chased me in a game and I prepared to dead hard until he SWIPED not lunged, SWIPED, about 3 metres behind me and I went down? Is this an instance of the ridiculous Freddie lunge? Or is it just the clunky hit boxes that have been implemented? What ever it is, it needs fixing :) Also, I can usually judge how far behind the killer is, but this made it impossible and we were unnecessarily going down.
Map Updates - The new maps are great. However, I did notice on Disturbed Ward that little green building with no roof and a few entrances that I was able to walk straight through the walls like they weren’t even there!
All in all the update has been such an abrupt change and it changes the game on so many levels and it’s incredibly off putting. You put time and effort into dbd and these changes make the game completely unfamiliar as survivor and it makes me frustrated because we enjoyed the game so much before this ridiculous update. Fix this stuff and soon.
Comments