I think I've just been attacked?!

OK.

True story.

Just been playing a game on Steam.

Long story short. One particular player was being obnoxious, but on opening the exit gate, I had them cold and downed them, was carrying them to the hook and as I start the Hook animation... the animation freezes... I start to sway... and then back to the main menu... "to play this game a network connection is required"... No other issues with anything else on a wired connection... The game starts back up and I've got a 3min time out.

Errr. No.

I don't DC.

My connection is just dandy.

Does anyone know how I can get Steam IDs of people I've just played with and whether this is a matter for Steam, or DBD?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

  • Your connection might be fine but steam or DBD itself might have had a hiccup.

    However there is a known hack that freezes killers in animations but it doesn't usually cause them to get ejected from the game so I doubt that is what happened, and if your connection was fine then that means it wasn't anything that serious.

    Just bad luck most likely.

  • I've had this happen to me before. The funny part is; I was watching YouTube on my phone and literally nothing happened. I checked my wifi and it was completely fine.

  • if they were hacking they would have just opened the exit gate faster instead

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Your connection might be fine but steam or DBD itself might have had a hiccup.

    However there is a known hack that freezes killers in animations but it doesn't usually cause them to get ejected from the game so I doubt that is what happened, and if your connection was fine then that means it wasn't anything that serious.

    Just bad luck most likely.

    I had this hacking today. Unable to hang a single survivor, my killer was blocked at every attempt.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    if they were hacking they would have just opened the exit gate faster instead

    Had a hacker as well but I got lucky they suck at using flashlight lol.

  • I find it funny how many cheaters are survivors. It's like 80% of them.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I find it funny how many cheaters are survivors. It's like 80% of them.

    the most common ones are flying hatchet ghostfaces with mori spam wdym

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1927287#Comment_1927287

    the most common ones are flying hatchet ghostfaces with mori spam wdym

    I've had that happen one time.

    I've had super speed survivors and press a button heals about a dozen times.