We need to change our attitudes towards Perks.
I feel we need to talk about changing our attitude about perks. Some perks get too much negative feedback and I feel people don't get the reason why some perks are made. Perks in DBD ( for the most part) is fine.
The perks system in DBD allows for many different playstyle to the persons liking. But I feel many of us have the attitude and thinking that every killer perk is supposed to be used for everyone or every survivor perk is supposed to have a big impact 5o aid in my survivor, and should be used alone. I feel to counteract this thinking we should start things of perks as synergy perk. These are perks that are designed and ment to be played with other perks or with a specific killer power in order to be used well. Perks like Solidarity, Autodidact, Quick and Quiet, Dance With Me, Flip Flop, Open Handed, Iron Maiden, Thanataphobia, Blood Pack, Agitation, Mad Grit, ect. These are all synergy perks. Solidarity and Autodidact shine best when paired together and Iron Maiden shines best with huntress and cannibal.
I feel its best to adopt this way of thinking because it allows for more perks to be used and games to be exited and fun. Be honest can you honestly say that you used Flip Flop a lot before Power Struggle was made. Synergy perks like power struggle being made, also made Flip Flop used more, and this is good as it allow players to try out different playstyle they find fun to use more, and keeps the other side guessing of what's to come and whats thier build is, thus allows for players to adapt. Seriously the game would be stale and boring if the same perks were played on every killer and survivor.
This isn't to say that perks are really weak and should be buffed, which they should or perks are extremely overpowered and gave too much value which they do. I feel we should look at the perks again and see if we can make exciting build not just for ourselves but for everyone.
So next time a perk is made that seems bed try and find a way to pair it with another perk and who knows you might like it. It will really make games better.
Comments