My DS nerf
DS is deactivated when attempting to unhook another survivor. While performing the following actions, the active timer depletes twice as fast:
- Cleansing totems
- Healing yourself or others
- Repairing generators
- Hiding in a locker
- Searching a chest
- Opening an exit gate
This keeps the unhook deactivation but makes it so all other actions deplete the timer twice as fast. I also added the last 3. Why do I think this is better? Because stealth killers exist and you don't always know if you are going to be tunneled, so I don't think you should lose an entire perk simply because you heal or repair for a split second before the stealth killer reveals themselves.
This also addresses the DS locker play that the current nerf ignores.
And finally, since I can see people complaining about gen tapping to prevent regression (which I agree is a problem), the devs should finally add a change where survivors must spend 2-3 seconds "re-starting" a gen before 1. regression stops, and 2. repair progress begins again.
Comments
It's not so much the devs' nerf as it is a nearly word for word copy of what many killer mains have demanded for years now. They really didn't put much thought into it. Not entirely sure why it took them so long to implement this change if that's all they were going to do.
Their OoO idea is a much more thought out and balanced change so I can understand why it may have taken them some time to come up with it.
But even so, I still see quite a few people saying the DS nerf isn't enough, and as soon as this change is put into the game, the next big focus will be on nerfing its combo with lockers and Unbreakable.