How do you grow thicker skin (as killer)?

I main survivor and have ~1k hrs in and have always been in red rank. However my killer sucks absolute ass and especially when I play a weaker killer for daily or achievements, I sometimes get demolished by a team average rank 10.

It takes me extremely long to mentally prepare myself to queue for a killer match, and when I do get destroyed, I won't want to play in at least a few days. I feel utterly defeated when the survivors tbag me at the exit and type ez in the post game chat. I don't want to disable the chat tho- I love having interactions with other players.

I sometimes go afk and let myself derank for a bit to finally get myself together to play again, but as I inevitebly rank up, I run into very good (and toxic) players again that would humiliate me and make me question my existence.


So question for killer mains, how did you grow thicker skin and managed to stop caring about the match outcomes?

Comments

  • Hold up, Otz made an awesome video talking about this. Please check it out!

    https://youtu.be/W6vpgy40xiQ

  • @Sasha233 said:

    I main survivor and have ~1k hrs in and have always been in red rank. However my killer sucks absolute ass and especially when I play a weaker killer for daily or achievements, I sometimes get demolished by a team average rank 10.

    It takes me extremely long to mentally prepare myself to queue for a killer match, and when I do get destroyed, I won't want to play in at least a few days. I feel utterly defeated when the survivors tbag me at the exit and type ez in the post game chat. I don't want to disable the chat tho- I love having interactions with other players.

    I sometimes go afk and let myself derank for a bit to finally get myself together to play again, but as I inevitebly rank up, I run into very good (and toxic) players again that would humiliate me and make me question my existence.

    So question for killer mains, how did you grow thicker skin and managed to stop caring about the match outcomes?

    to start, dodge any lobbies if you suspect 3-4 man SWF. Some people will say “well then you’ll never get better” but unless you want to invest thousands of hours in the game you’ll never be able to compete with experienced SWF teams. IMO it’s just not worth the stress if you only intend to play the game causally

    Also, avoid playing at peaks times as that’s when you’ll be matched up with mostly high-rank SWF sweat squads with thousands of hours in the game. Playing killer at non-peak times is way less stressful and more likely to get matched up against comparable skill level players, at least in my experience

1 2 ›