RIP Custom Perk Icons

So, with the next patch it's looking like we're losing custom perk icons...

Honestly, I'm going to miss them, and I think it's a shame that they're getting removed from the game. I wish the feature of changing your perk icons and such for cosmetic reasons was supported in-game, through a customization menu. I think the custom icons add a lot of flavor and personality to the game, and I'm sad to see them leave...

Here's to hoping they come back in the future. I'm going to feel quite odd for a while when this patch drops since I've gotten used to playing with custom icons.

Comments

  • I've never used custom perk icons before, but if what you're saying is true, that is sad news indeed. I always felt that custom icons were pretty cool.

  • That doesn't sound fun. Can you link the source for that?

  • Are you sure they're actually going away? The perk "section" of the HUD is basically unchanged, I'm sure you can still do it.

  • @gendoss said:

    Are you sure they're actually going away? The perk "section" of the HUD is basically unchanged, I'm sure you can still do it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/219062/custom-perks-and-icons-dead-by-daylight-icon-toolbox/p1

  • They should be giving players more customization options, not less. What a shame.

  • A strong comunity infuerstructure is one of the most valuable assets a game can have. I hope costum icons can stay by some means.

  • @Grimm120 said:

    That doesn't sound fun. Can you link the source for that?

    Someone already linked it in the thread, but here you are:

    @superstabby said:

    Hi,

    I am the creator of the Dead By Daylight Icon Toolbox, which is a tool that thousands of people currently use to add custom icons to their game. I'm also a moderator of the PerkByDaylight subreddit.

    Many of the members of both communities are very saddened by the changes in the PTB with regards to custom icons -- it seems that there is no possibility of using custom icons with the new HUD.

    Is this intended to be a permanent change? I have heard sentiment that custom icons are keeping many people interested in the game, and I've seen quite a few people say they will stop playing because of this change.

    Is this an intended change, and will there be any possibility of using custom icons again in the future?

    -Nick

    And icon toolbox itself has a message stating it's shutting down with the next patch because of the changes being made to the Hud. I know it was talked a lot about in the original thread, but I kinda just wanted to bump the issue again...

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    Is it confirmed?

    Considering the one who made the Icon Toolbox, the big software that a lot of people use to get their custom icons put a message in it talking about how it's shutting down next patch because you can't change your icons anymore, I would like to think it's true.

  • How did they look on PTB?

  • Heyo! Perkbydaylight creator here! At the moment it seems custom icons might be gone next update, the responsible team has already been informed but at the moment we are waiting for further official news, soo fingers crossed they will remain.

    But you need to remember that custom icons are a "do it at your own risk" situation where there is a risk of getting banned for it.

  • @Aztreonam78 said:

    How did they look on PTB?

    IIRC, They'd work fine in the menu, but once you got into the actual game they'd change to the default perks.

  • Consolers: Wait, what? Who? Why?

    Oh......

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    Heyo! Perkbydaylight creator here! At the moment it seems custom icons might be gone next update, the responsible team has already been informed but at the moment we are waiting for further official news, soo fingers crossed they will remain.

    But you need to remember that custom icons are a "do it at your own risk" situation where there is a risk of getting banned for it.

    I'm really hoping they stay. I know they were always use at your own risk and such, but I just really don't want to see them leave, especially since they never effected the game in a negative way imho. I'd love to see more in-game support for it though, with a workshop or something of the like!

  • I am hugely against adding mods to games, and I generally oppose opening up APIs the way World of Warcraft did...


    ... but this was harmless. Who cares if someone wants to make their perks red or blue or orange?