It has been considered, and I believe the answer last time it was asked on stream was that they didn't want to split the playerbase like that. Could it support it? Sure. But it would still drive up queue times, and that's not something anyone wants to see, especially when you can just ignore the rank system to get the same effect.
Maybe there is another way? change the rankings accompany a tighter slope? I would enjoy playing with new friends as a survivor without my rank dropping just because they are new etc.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It has been considered, and I believe the answer last time it was asked on stream was that they didn't want to split the playerbase like that. Could it support it? Sure. But it would still drive up queue times, and that's not something anyone wants to see, especially when you can just ignore the rank system to get the same effect.
Maybe there is another way? change the rankings accompany a tighter slope? I would enjoy playing with new friends as a survivor without my rank dropping just because they are new etc.