Has Reporting anyone ever had an impact?
I report people when they hold game hostage. I report people for inappropriate language (racism homophonic comments, etc). Those are the 2 most common things I report.
If I do this in game. I have zero way to know if something has occurred. Many (most) other games I play, when I report people, I will often get a response now and then from the company (The report you have filed has had action taken on it) - never with much specifics, but the company lets you know that you were heard? As far as I can tell, this company does Zero with in game reports
When someone goes the extra mile to inspire me to report them via a ticket on the website (usually extreme hate speech, or hold the game hostage for an absurd long time) I have only gotten a response with (not enough info provided) regardless of putting in Steam ID info, screenshots of game, and chat. (rarely video, as I can't just record my screen on command). I have never received a report saying any action was taken. Only ever told, please provide more info. like I'm expected to provide First/last and SSN of the person spewing some hate speech at me.
I find this extremely frustrating and just would like to know if anyone has any real knowledge of any action being taken by toxic people, or if this is truly a free form of being able to do/say anything in the game.
Comments