Is Moldy Oak bugged?

It's supposed to decrease the distance between hooks, but they seem even further apart! You lose 1 hook via sacrifice and that whole corner of the map becomes a dead zone. I know the word 'slightly' has become a bit of meme in offering descriptions, because it usually means there's almost no change. But still, it's almost like the offering has the reverse effect of what it says. I'm tired of having half the hooks I make be close calls where the survivor almost wiggled off, and that's WITH using Moldy Oak.

Comments

  • I noticed this as well, the hook offerings doing the opposite of what they're supposed to do is actually probable, I remember the sowing needle and suture add-ons for the medkit had a similar issue. These add-ons would decrease the chance of getting a skill check while healing instead of increasing the chance, but that was quite a while ago, two years I think.