So how does the the escape chance from Trapper's Bear Traps work now?

From the Dev Tapes and what Ethan said, it seems like it works now like Pig's Jigsaw Boxes, when you step in a trap it rolls a number between 1-6 and that's how many times you need to try to escape the Bear Trap, am I right or did I got it wrong?

Comments

  • thats how i understood it aswell.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    That's not how I took it - here's what I understood from it:

    Previously you had a flat 25% chance of escaping on any escape attempt. Now that percentage is less than 25% for the first three attempts, ~25% for the fourth attempt, and greater than 25% for any subsequent attempts. I don't think the attempt you're going to escape on is predetermined, but I suppose it functionally doesn't matter.

    This also seems interesting.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    From the Dev Tapes and what Ethan said, it seems like it works now like Pig's Jigsaw Boxes, when you step in a trap it rolls a number between 1-6 and that's how many times you need to try to escape the Bear Trap, am I right or did I got it wrong?

    You got it exactly right. If it makes it simpler you can think it like the first attempt has a 1/6, second 1/5, third 1/4, fourth 1/3, fifth 1/2 and sixth 1/1 chance of escaping if you haven't escaped in a previous attempt.