Avoiding lobbies with more than xxx ping

I was just chilling with some twitch while queueing, and then match started... 300ms ping, what a nice surprise. Of course i can dodge, but i dont like staring at the queue so i usually just alt tab to twitch to keep myself entertained.

My question is, is there any way to prevent game from putting me into laggy lobbies, other than actively staring at my character all the time?

Comments

  • That's part of the problem we all have with matchmaking right now... There isn't one

  • Well, im just going to keep looking for the killer and suiciding then, because more than 150 ms is ######### unplayable in this game

  • If you are on Wifi try switching to cabled. I very rarely get 200+ ping lobbies, normally my ping is around 50-100 throughout a match. It may be a you problem or a general problem with your location. If latter is the case then I'm sorry but you can't fix that.

  • @DawnMad said:

    If you are on Wifi try switching to cabled. I very rarely get 200+ ping lobbies, normally my ping is around 50-100 throughout a match. It may be a you problem or a general problem with your location. If latter is the case then I'm sorry but you can't fix that.

    Sadly, is not that, im using ethernet with 300mb fiber and on lobbies i usually get 40-60 ms, but then sometimes i randomly run into 300 ms matches, for some reason, and i just dont understand why am i put into those lobbies, in other games, maybe, but in this game is atrocious

  • @Zboard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855000#Comment_1855000

    Sadly, is not that, im using ethernet with 300mb fiber and on lobbies i usually get 40-60 ms, but then sometimes i randomly run into 300 ms matches, for some reason, and i just dont understand why am i put into those lobbies, in other games, maybe, but in this game is atrocious

    Queue times. Contrary to general belief this game actually has matchmaking even though it's not the best. The general problem is that it prefers queue times way too heavily and in the case that your queue would take even slightly longer than usual the game starts considering you for far away ranks. The reason I'm talking about this is that your problem likely is the same since you mentioned you get long queue times. The game is probably considering you for far away servers too, like I said it happens very rarely to me too. Can't do much about it except requeue.

  • I often get put on NA west as killer for some reason even though my region is east. 40ms to east but I get 100+ to west. I won't play killer at anything higher than 60ms. The netcode isn't good enough. 100+ is ridiculously bad on killer.

    I can deal with high ping on survivor because I often play against cross-region killers in KYF. Used to 200 ping on survivor at this point. 200 ping god Nurses from eastern EU hit different...and from very far away.