What if Haemorrhage was the “Ruin” of healing?
So what if Haemorrhage caused healing progress regression whilst not actively healing, such as interrupting a heal, or countering those sneaky survivors that like to heal to 99% to keep using their resilience or dead hard until they’re about to be hit.
This still wouldn’t make Haemorrhage amazing, but it’s something better than how it is now.
Additional note: credit goes to @ReverseVelocity for this suggestion. Another idea is that instead of passive healing progress regression whilst not actively healing, Haemorrhage instead had the properties of old Ruin. I.e. good skill checks give 5% regression, and greats give no bonus progression (failed skill checks give the normal 10% regression and noise notification)
Comments
That’s only going to hurt those dumb enough to run self Care on its own without a med kit, or Botany Knowledge, or both.
In fact a change to Haemorrhage like this might finally teach survivors that self care shouldn’t ever be ran on its own.
I mean I am okay with it for the sake of resilience though tbh. Dead hard less so.
Also stopping mid chase healing that last bit makes sense, so does the status by name alone.
I don't like the idea of messing with resilience though... but buffing hemorrhage overall I am definitely for.
Resilience isn’t meant to be taken advantage of that way though. Resilience is supposed to be “if I can’t heal then I may as well get something out of being injured”. Not free action speed bonus until the killer is about to hit, then “poof” back to full health.
I get what you are saying; It's just I disagree with it. I don't see a problem with the 99ing the healing on resilience; but I do see a problem with healing that 1% back up yourself. At least when in, or shortly after a chase.
You are welcome to your opinion; but I don't share it entirely sorry.