Saboteur rework idea
Since sabotaging hooks is kind of pointless as they respawn, I had an idea.
When sabotaged, instead of the hook being destroyed, what if the hook had a chance to instantly break if a survivor is hung on it. Maybe like a 5% chance to break. If the hook breaks, then the survivor gets a chance to run away (maybe with a small speed boost too) and this also doesn't count as being hooked.
Thoughts?
When sabotaged, instead of the hook being destroyed, what if the hook had a chance to instantly break if a survivor is hung on it. Maybe like a 5% chance to break. If the hook breaks, then the survivor gets a chance to run away (maybe with a small speed boost too) and this also doesn't count as being hooked.
Thoughts?
Comments
5%? That’s literally useless. Just give it anti hangman and some totem breaking speed boost.
If it's only 5% it's not even worth sabotaging the hook.
We just need better sabotage-add ons or items to make it worth without overpowering.
Maybe give us some +30s/60s on the destroyed hook and the more hooks are sabotaged the faster they regenerate or hooks can be sabotaged in a way that survivors have a increased chance to unhook themselves or increase the healing speed if unhooked (or additional bloodpoints for unhook from that hook).
I'm not even sure if the devs know what to do with the Sabotage ability xD
Hook sabotage is still viable though, if you're smart about it and go around important locations, preferrably close to clustered generators, and 99% sabo all the hooks around it.
I wasn't around back before hook respawn was put in place, but I believe those older players who say it was OP and killers were often forced to slug everyone.
Although 5% seems reasonable, I don't see the point in adding a random factor to the game - generally using RNG to certain events shifts the game towards a more luck-based than skill-based direction. I don't think it's a good idea in general.
It doesn't have to be 5% it could be more, but it needs to be balanced so it can't be too high. Plus it's a perk so it could even be 5/10/15?
I do like the idea of adding items to improve the efficiency of sabotaging, or making it a higher chance to escape.
I thought having a percentage of it breaking would make sense as escaping from the hook is already rng based so it's basically just improving those odds. Doing 99% sabotaging is an interesting tactic, but an odd one too.
How about even having my idea as an ultra rare item? Make it so hooks always break when a survivor is placed, but the item only works for 3 hooks or so? Add ons could make it so you can do it to more hooks.
Idk I just find the idea of a hook instantly breaking right in the killers face with the survivor getting away quite funny, it's like the wiggle, only more of a troll.
Saboteur should literally be a perk like Botany Knowledge and then making everyone able to destroy hooks so we could finally see some more objectives for survivors to do rather than just Gens, the rebalance the game after that.