Sooo... Why aren't we allowed to call Victor a baby?

Genuine question. I kinda distanced myself from this game after the silent hill update, and only started playing frequently again recently. But I saw something earlier saying someone could be banned for calling vic a baby...? Is this true, or like, am I wrong? If it's true, why?

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It was turning into a 'kick the baby' memefest which probably doesn't sit well on officially upheld sections on platforms like Twitch/Twitter/Discord, especially if you're trying to cultivate a Horror franchise persona. You know people will start to make memes about "how many dead babies..." given that Victor also regenerates. Overall making the Killer as a whole a joke... (Not that they aren't already for other reasons)

    I don't actually recall what the mods ruling was on the DBD forums was, but I'd assume its similar.

    Also he's technically a monster created by the reanimation of an adolescents corpse, not a baby.

    That makes sense. Could imagine a lot of people getting upset or offended by jokes about it. But then again, the whole game is almost universally seen as a joke, and theres the fact that people try make this game more competitive than a casual horror. But that's aside from the point. Does that mean like you can't say it on stream and such or is it just on the forums?