Devs, how do you want trapper to be played?
I know, i know im late. But holy are this map reworks annoying for trapper. I heard it after the patch, but today i played trapper for the first time on autohaven.
I cant hide a single trap, its frustrating. So i want to know: was it never intended to hide traps in grass etc?
Is the right playstyle to trap pallets and windows and create deadzones? Or will the grass get changed on the new maps or gets trapper a hiding ability?
I dont like it when its just mindless trapping pallets, even indoor maps are more interactive with trap placement.
Comments
As Trapper (and basically all of the other killers too), I've been happily burning all of my map offerings to avoid every single Macmillan, Autohaven, Yamaoka (but traps on Yamaoka can be well hidden), and Ormond out there.
The problem is not that i cannot win. I play with StbfL and Infectious, so the deadzone tactic works. Well, the teams are mostly not good.
Its not bad when the survivor dont step in the hidden traps. They need more time to find and disarm. And they cant run the loops optimal when there could be a trap.
I don't think there is a killer in the game with as many weaknesses as trapper.
What is funny is that, most of his problems are easy to solve too. I mean, a few of his addons should be base kit; like a bag, some mangle effect on traps, some more traps to use on some maps that have poor placements (and some outright bugged), and traps have their appearance change BASED ON THE MAP.
I mean they are his traps that apparently he had across the map; so why wouldn't he have traps that match the environment he is in? On Ormond, his traps could be the white like snow color of the map, if he is on the game, they are the game grey color, etc.... It would be better if the traps were just semi transparent even until stepped on or inactive; but for some reason I don't see BHVR doing that.....