Is the MMR-system the perfect solution?

I want the mmr-system, bc the current matchmaking is not good, but when i look at other games with a MMR-system i see many player complain about it.

Now many player are saying they want a challenge and it makes sense. But what will happen when they have no choice but to sweat every game? Reversed boosting and smurfing will increase.

I think the devs said that the stats will be invisible.

That means player can get the feeling they dont improve. Its harder to get better like this and its frustrating.

I think the best solution are two playlists. A casual playlist with only a protection for new player and a real ranking system with strict MMR.

What are your opinions?

Comments

  • I think a better option would be a system similar to Hearthstone, where you climb from ranks 25 to 1 just like we have today. After reaching 1, you're moved into the legends pool, that is entirely MMR based.

    That way you can keep the time barrier required for players to reach the mmr and pool experienced players against each other.