I create this post to help killers feel easier. Tell me about ur thoughts
Hi, everyone. My name is DAYBAT. Im a killer main player at red rank. These days, Ive seen lots of posts complaining about the toxicity and matchmaking system of this game in community. For now, I don't see an effective solution for these two problems. Firstly, toxicity comes naturally with a multiplayer game and both killers and survs can do toxic things on others, so we might never eliminate it. We might expect some improvements on matchmaking system after BHVR collect enough data for skill rating system. But because matches r determined by ping, rank, queue time and we don't have abundant players in a server, I wont expect it will solve the problem either.
As for me, playing killer in red rank can be really stressful sometimes when I face 4 experienced survivors, but most of the time, I can control the game and make some funs from it. I create this post to steepen the study curve of killers so as to increase the number of killers and reduce the queue time for survs, and I wish it can reduce toxicity of this game by making killers and survs stick to the game itself. leave a comment in this post if u have anything to ask or share.
1.Keep looking around. Killers' FPS view is much more narrow than survs, so it need them to look round to get more info, survs, birds fly, etc. It can also help killers find survs hiding behind trees, debris, or even gens.
https://imgur.com/zdJbegD(ΔΔΔ This gen is almost done. If I don’t notice Morel, she will finish the gen without disturbance. The last thing killers should do is to help survs done a gen comfortably)
https://imgur.com/JDUZ1Xo(ΔΔΔ Jake is hiding besides the pallet. He and Morel can finish the gen together when I gone. It is also good to chase him cuz I slow the gen down by forcing other on gens to save Morel and save time to find a surv)
https://imgur.com/ZjW3LqJ(ΔΔΔ but there is no guarantee that you can find someone if you look around and search the area. Somebody touch this gen before, but I cant find him. This surv might hide inside the locker, but I just don't want to check it cuz it is time-consuming)
2. Face a wall when u pick up a surv and don’t pick them up under a pallet before you r sure its safe. Picking up a surv immediately can give them great advantage, especially SWF, cuz they can use flashlight or stun u to make u throw their friends away.
https://imgur.com/quZviKY(ΔΔΔ it only take me 1s to face a wall, but I might spend 30s to down her again if I was blinded)
3. Pressure the survivor to the unsafe pallet or the areas with less resources. Better find someone else to chase if an experienced surv lead u to a strong loop.
https://imgur.com/M7kYe6e(ΔΔΔ the killer shack on the left is a really strong loop. I definitely don't want Feng Min to get there, so I move a little to right to force her to left)
https://imgur.com/nixnydQ(ΔΔΔ cow tree is a strong loop in farm map cuz survs know killers' positions exactly. In this map, it also connect to the killer shack, a jungle gym and a safe pallet. She is an experienced surv. I don't want to waste too much time on her. I know Morel is hiding besides the gen, so I turn back)
4. Break safe pallets and go around the unsafe ones. Some killers might think breaking pallets ASAP is more efficient, but its not cuz they gave survs time and distance to plan their route. As a killer, u should make surv feel stressful when u r chasing them. Do remember don’t be stunned by an unsafe pallet.
https://imgur.com/bI8KpFE(ΔΔΔ this is a typical example show u how to catch up with a surv in an unsafe pallet. Feng Min is not in dream world. I catch up with her in just 1 loop. If I break the pallet immediately, she can blind me firstly and go to killer shack)
https://imgur.com/ZB77QXz(ΔΔΔ u can see the debris are very long. every time I turn around at the corner, Feng Min can fast vault the pallet and make distance. In this pallet, u can do mindgame with surv cuz the other side of debris is short and it block surv's vision. if u r not good at mindgaming, just break it)
https://imgur.com/PrbIH3E(ΔΔΔ this is an unsafe pallet. If u go around the pallet without being stunned, surv has only two choices - vault across the pallet or loop. Both of these choices r unsafe)
https://imgur.com/Jl8kLKg(ΔΔΔ I know Cheryl is observing my behavior. By turning right, I bait Cheryl to drop the unsafe pallet. It works successfully and u can see Cheryl just stand behind the pallet and wait for a hit)
5. Don’t lunge easily. Killers should always assume survs have dead hard or spring burst. It does no harm to killers to lunge when close enough.
https://imgur.com/A6cVX4P(ΔΔΔ Jake waits for me for a reason. If I lunge, Jake gain more distance cuz I need to cool down. Obviously, Jake has his plan to killer shack and doesn’t mind I cut his path cuz he s safe in Spring Burst)
https://imgur.com/EjA5wTr(ΔΔΔ I make a mistake at here cuz I know she has Dead Hard. It is ok cuz she has nowhere to go, but it can bring u lots of troubles if there is a pallet nearby. It is also a good example to show u how impossible to hit survs when they Dead Hard or Spring burst)
https://imgur.com/7ZQzadu(ΔΔΔ a surv keeping looking at u at this close for a reason. Don’t rush )
Comments
make a steam guide
My eyes!