Bad players
People say players are bad and they should "git gud"...
My question is, do you really want an entire population of OHTOFU/SCOTT JUND/NOOB3(just to name a few) skill level of players?
To me, that sounds like a terrible utopia.
People say players are bad and they should "git gud"...
My question is, do you really want an entire population of OHTOFU/SCOTT JUND/NOOB3(just to name a few) skill level of players?
To me, that sounds like a terrible utopia.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yes, why should everybody "git gud"? Bad players and new players should be allowed to enjoy the game. As long as the devs can get match making in order, and they try to balance across all skill levels we should be able to have a bit of a moan about certain perk combinations, SWFs or Spirit without being told everything is fine, you're just bad.
Thats exactly the point. So while i think they will fix the matchmaking, im not so optimistic that they can balance it for every skill level. Its really hard to achieve.
in order to play as a killer, you should have 5000+ hours as a killer
if you dnt play at the skill level of the top streamers, dbd is not allowed...
Apparently I am expected to be as good as all those people you just mentioned; because the game makes me play against them. I die immediately.
The way DBD works is that you basically curb stomp or get curb stomped; some people get so good like a lot of those major streamers they 4k like 50 games in a row and are almost unstoppable. That's basically all you can do.
You can't play DBD and expect to have fair matches each match basically, due to serious flaws in the matchmaker/ranking systems in this game, you HAVE to play like thousands of hours and dedicated yourself to really learning killer OR be okay with absolutely crippling losses in which you can do nothing.
In a perfect world, where DBD's matchmaker and Ranking was designed intelligently and there was a robust player volume, you could queue up, regardless of your skill, and get people at least in the ball park so that win or lose, 4k or 4 escape, it felt relatively close and action packed for everyone involved....that is not how DBD works unfortunately. I' only play a few killer games a month, yet I have gone against the top ranked survivor players in the world on more than one occasion, even people in competitive teams. I get demolished every time, there is nothing I can do I am just there to be their punching bag.
Then I get like 3 games after that of brown ranks and I just steam roll them (but usually give one hatch) like...that's just how the game is, you get like 8 games like that and then one decent game.
If matchmaking ever gets fixed, the biggest difficulty for the weaker players will be access to locked perks. To win easily as killer, you need Ruin, Undying and Tinkerer. That's three killers you need to unlock and level up (one locked behind DLC (or two depending on your format).
When new rank 15 Trappers with 1 perk are facing teabagging, flashlight-clicking red rank SWFs with the full suite of meta-perks and comms to hand, that's really rough.
No 2000+ are ok. But seriously when you play against players with a lot more experience it is hard.
My average kills probably is 2 per game. Unforunately the average is made up from half the games where I destroy everybody because they are yellow rank solos, and the other half where the suvivors leave me crying next to the exit gate that I ended up opening myself.
The trapper would lose with 4 perks, too. Matchmaking is really the first step, we need to see the results to say what needs to be fixed next.
Perks could be but when you have good matchmaking would it matter? When you get good perks, you play better, so you play against better players too. In the end you have the same chance of winning with or without good perks.
There's no denying that some players are bad, but I've never had an issue with them. They're just playing the game the same as anyone else. Those 'bad' players may not get to play as much as someone else, but it doesn't mean people should be telling them to 'git gud' or not play etc. If people stopped taking the game so seriously as thought they'd win a cash cup or something, maybe we'd all have a little more fun.
Yup, exactly what I mean.
That doesn't create a fun and enjoyable experience.
HOWEVER as a survivor, it's not anywhere close to as frustrating to die because just the nature of the elements of the game are like "okay whatever then" and you can even die on a hook if you are solo and just done with it. When you are winning by a landslide, especially with friends, you can still have a TON of fun just in company or messing around and doing stuff.
You can't do that as killer, it's a rough position to be in; the result is well.....survivor queue times being what they are. We can't even talk about it because if we do someone jumps the gun and comes in shouting about "Survivor/killer sided this/that" or "_ is or is not OP" and it's like... no one is saying anything like that; just that proper match ups would solve a LOT of problems; and pairing equal ranks is not even enough.
There's nothing wrong about being bad at a video game. People are told to uninstall just because they aren't skilled enough, which is just ridiculous. No wonder this community is so toxic.
You can't be good without being bad at first. Some people play so casually they'll never get good, which is also ok. It's just a GAME ffs.
No. Anyone can play this game, no matter their skill level. However, an unskilled player should not be playing WITH skilled players. A working MMR needs to be reintroduced asap.
No, I just want balanced matches. I don't enjoy onesided matches.
At the end of the round I want to get the feeling, that I have won because I played good, not because my opponents were bad.
I envy rainbow colored matchmaking lately all I have with crossplay on is doo doo brown with a little red in it. And killer in this match is always always unrelenting. Wake me when it's over but for now crossplay off.
OhTofu, ScottJund or Noob3 are exactly how red rank players are supposed to be in terms of skill in my opinion.
Why do you think it will ruin the game?