Disconnecting, Played fine at first now the game barely works..
Hi there, i am not sure if there is a certain place for this discussion. But I have been experiencing a disconnection issue. When i first started playing the game it ran fine. I don't really know when the problem started but it is now a continuous issue. I will go into a match and it will start to kind of lag spike then i will lose all background sound, then it will freeze and usually i will disconnect. Sometimes i come out of the stall or freeze but most times i straight up disconnect especially once the killer get's near me. I have completely wiped my computer a new, took everything else off and added only DBD. i have gotten another hard drive for storage. I have scanned my computer for viruses and malware. I have lowered the graphics on the game and checked my specs and ram and tried doing as much as i could think of and even searched up answers. I honeslty don't know if it is my computer or the game at this point. My husband and i both have the exact same PC setups and he can play DBD perfectly fine. So i am curious if anyone has any other options i can try or if this is the game itself and others are experiencing the same issues? Thanks for anyone's help.
Comments
If you're playing on Steam, you could try to verify the integrity of the game files. It's under properties and then local files when accessed through the Steam launcher.
Thank you. I have actually tried this already too. I even run steam in administrator mode too. And i reinstalled anti cheat. :(
You could also try opening your properties and set a custom launch option. In it, I would put the following: -USEALLAVAILABLECORES. If that also doesn't work as well let me know. Also, do you have auto-adjust enabled in the in-game settings?
Ok so i tried what you suggested. I made it through 2 survivor matches ok, had some lag spots. When i tried a match as killer i chased some one, downed them, then as i was picking them up it froze, i lost all but the sound of the killer breathing then i was disconnected. Also yes i have auto-adjust enabled.
So I'd definitely recommend disabling auto-adjust. Follow-up questions, how much ram do you have on your PC and is your Dead by Daylight installed on the same drive as your OS, or is it on an alternative drive?