Small changes I would make to DS
Decisive Strike is a polarizing perk, so what I'm about to suggest may ruffle some feathers.
My first change would be to give the killer a notification that someone has DS. When standing over a downed survivor or standing in front of a locker, the DS symbol will be in the middle of the screen similar to how the little mori symbol appears. If you've been playing long enough, the old controversy with DS is that non-obsessions were able to use it. I considered having DS only active if you were the obsession, but the problem was more about not knowing if that 1 person had DS or all 4 of them had it.
My second change would be to take away the skill check from DS and just make it activate. People miss skill checks on console all the time, experienced players included, because they're so stuttery and low-fps on console. This would solve their "I missed DS!" problem. You can't lecture me about the no skill check taking the skill out of DS, because there's no skill in equipping a perk to begin with. Perks, I might add, that are worse than others simply due to latency/fps issues making them hard to use if not unplayable. If anti-tunnel is so important, why is it left up to chance? Why the skill check?
The last change I'd make would be to take lvl 3 DS from 60 seconds to 50 seconds (and balance the other levels of DS accordingly). If a killer is gonna tunnel you anyway and invest the time to wait out your DS, whether you're being chased, on the floor, or in a locker, should he not get you? I can't imagine just how much map pressure he's giving up by doing that. You can do nearly 3 gens in 50 seconds, assuming the other people are working on them instead of lollygagging while the killer is wasting all that time. It's just so annoying as killer to hook the first person, down and hook a second person, come back to the first person (who might be rushing a gen while injured) and still get hit by DS. This may surprise you but there's no such thing as tunneling 2 people at once. So why are killers punished by DS for literally not tunneling?
It's just bad design, DS is. We need an anti-tunnel perk for sure, but not one that also hurts non-tunneling killers. But I'm not expecting major changes to it anytime soon. So maybe, just maybe, things like this would be implemented. Thoughts?
Comments