Any tips for a Huntress main?

I've mained huntress since I've started playing killer but I can't help but feel like I'm using her wrong. I don't have a low win/loss rate or anything like that, I get at least a 1-2k every game (if i dont win/lose) without being toxic. I run Lightborn, Pop, Iron Grasp and Brutal (or Mad Grit if i think the survivors are gonna bodyblock).

I'm rank 10, and haven't really left it in a while. Because of the horrible matchmaking I'm usually paired with red ranks or high purples.

For add ons, I usually pair hatchets with deerskin gloves and either a purple or green head. Or any of the exhaustion add ons and either the belt or loop.

Speaking of loops, my usual tactic when in one is to pull out a hatchet when they're pulling down the pallet and get a hit or down. It's got a 90% success rate considering I avoid getting stunned like the plague (hence lightborn. also no pun intended).

I played recently with a KYF and everyone said I was playing huntress wrong, but didn't give me advice since none of them are huntress mains. They just said they've "seen better". Yeah, no sht, there's always gonna be better. But I'm insecure. So..

What do you guys think?

Comments

  • When you find a Survivor first thing what do you do? go for a melee or get your hatchet up? I've been playing hunteress for a couple months and I feel like I can do decent just maps can really mess it up for huntress. Now the perks I use are BBQ and Chili, Corrupt intervention, Whispers and Nurse's calling. BBQ is for after hooking to go for long shots if you can see survivors auras. In my eyes its always worth it to try the shot even if you miss because thats practice. Corrupt helps slow gens down and makes survivor either stay by a closed gen or find an open one. And whispers is to help find someone early in the game, and it helps if there's 1 survivor left and you find hatch. Now personally I don't use add ons because I watch Umbra and she doesn't use them which makes me not use them. I'd recommend watching some streamers who play huntress as that helps too. Also some people run shadowborn on huntress as the FOV increase helps with throwing hatchets.

  • What perks do you have access to?

  • Stick a cross hair sticker on your screen. Seriously.

    Drop Lightborn, Brutal, and Iron Grasp. Replace with Iron Maiden (if you're out of gloves), Nurse's (since her TR is tiny, Nurse's range extends past it) and another perk of your choice, like M&A (which drops your TR to 12m) or any other perk.

  • You've got to slug. It's not toxic behavior unless you actively slug in a way that means the slug has no chance of getting up and getting away. Additionally, not using slowdown perks like Pop (I would have suggested old Ruin as a better alternative, but that's gone) that don't teach you how to capitalize the most on critical points in a trial aren't in and of themselves all that great for your growth as a killer and artificially boost you into ranks not suited for you.

    I usually run both wind-up add-ons, A Nurse's Calling, STBFL, Agitation (or Devour Hope if I burn a hook offering instead), and Whispers (this build is for being able to hit as many different survivors as possible when they group up).

    However, recently I've been using the infantry belt and the purple aura add-ons along with BBQ, Whispers, Bitter Murmur, and something else (this build is for snipes). I've also been burning all of my crotus prenn offerings because edge collision on the newer maps suuuuuucks.