Iridescent Hatchets OP? Small rebalance idea, hear me out..
Firstly - this is my first time posting, excuse if I posted in the wrong channel or anything.
Now to the topic, I'm a bit surprised no one has brought this up (or maybe i just didn't see it)? Decent killers who are good at the huntress are pretty much impossible to escape against if they have iridescent, but maybe thats the point of an ultra rare addon.. then again other killers ultra rares are not this strong.
I was having a discussion with someone while streaming and I came up with a small buff that still keeps the offering strong but a bit more manageable for survivors.
What if when she hits you with an iridescent hatchet, instead of being insta-downed, you go into the borrowed time state, where you have a time limit to get healed by another survivor before you 'bleed out' and go down. This gives survivors a chance, but the offering is still very powerful because you are still in danger and cannot do any other map objectives until healed. And if you get chased after being hit you are still almost a guaranteed hook unless you escape and get healed.
Thoughts?
EDIT: For those saying she loses hatchets and has to run grenade belt - valid points, but my idea is not just a straight nerf, if they did change it to my suggestion of putting a survivor in a BT state, they would also rebalance it to not take away the 2 hatchets or something (w/e they come up with), to keep it more fair to the huntress.
Comments
You can dodge her hatchets. And she can only carry up to one hatchet unless they bring an add on to have to more. The idea you have in mind you might as well just not use the add on if that is the case.
Keep in mind that she loses 2 hatchets using this addin. Most huntress's will run it with the grenade belt that lets them get those 2 hatchets back. But this means she loses other very useful addins such as faster windup and better cooldowns. Keep this in mind when facing her.
That being said, your idea has merit... as long as that state is reasonably short like BT is.
It is fine where it is because of two facts:
1.) It is an Ultra Rare add-on, it's meant to be powerful.
2.) Almost everyone who runs this add-on uses the Infantry Belt as well meaning they're spending 13k Bloodpoints, the amount of BP some survivors earn over an entire game, on their add-ons. They are paying dearly for the right to use this add-on.
Can we Huntress players not have one moment of fun, in one match!?! Why you hate us so much?
Particularly on console, there are a lot of tears behind that bunny mask.
(At least you tried to come up with something "fair", which I appreciate. Even if I disagree that there's any problem here needing solving).
Actually this is not a new thing - people have been bitching about those hatchets since their release. So don't go off half-cocked acting like nobody is asking for the nerf.
Look man, I'm a killer main - I get it. Getting constantly bombarded by 4X as many people with hate, salt, and stupid nerf suggestions get's old. But don't be part of the problem by adding to it.
You don't know me, so saying 'git gud' is a bold statement. Whats good? Im a r1 survivor.. not that it means much, but your brought it up. And I can just as easily say that being killer is easiest part about the game.. killers pip much easier. Stop causing commotion, if you don't agree, cool. You are the reason people say 'DBD community is toxic'. Take your sad lonely keyboard warrior ass elsewhere. Rebalances happen all the time and I think my idea is valid for discussion. I dont think huntress is OP, but I think the offering can be polished up.
Ultra rare addons SHOULD be terrifying. Some of the others could use a buff, but Iridescent Hatchets are one of the most balanced iridescent addons in the game.
Look at your ignorance.. please read my post again and you will see I didnt say "NERF HUNTRESS SHES TOO STRONG TAKE AWAY ALL KILLERS ABILITIES"
Last reply, you are obviously not getting the point and just jump to conclusions.
Killer's pip easier....
Okay, I've just ceased to take you seriously at this point.
It would not be fair. Dodging hatchets is actually very easy, you're probably not very used to it yet though. She can be annoying to play against I get it but removing the insta downer would be crap. Sure the BT effect mostly guarantees a hook but it just wastes more of the killers time and doesn't change the fact for survivors that they are going to be hooked. So why even change it?
Im okay with your idea, IF she doesn't lose any of her hatchets when using that add-on!
Yea I am bad.. Go watch my youtube video if you think i cant dodge hatchets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_7Ru0KyLyI
Try to verse the depip squad with an iri huntress. You will regret
Btw, huntress received two nerfs in a row now and atm she is beyond ridiculous
Yea the hitbox is rough, but they said they are looking into it so hopefully gets fixed
Im just proving your allegations against me wrong. Said im bad and i cant dodge hatchets so i show you its not true. Whereas you are just attacking me cuz you dont agree with my post. Cool. Do you really think my idea is such a big nerf bat? Even if she gets to keep all her hatchets in return?
And im not a survivor main, i play both.
It already got a nerf and it really isn't that hard to dodge hatchets to begin with.
You used to only lose 2 when you had Iridescent Head equipped, then using Infantry Belt, you would be boosted back up to 5 total Hatchets that could 1 shot.
Now it reduces the number to 1, add infantry belt that's only 3 hatchets to dodge. And if you are already injured, then it's a waste of a hatchet.
It's an ultra rare, not only should it be power, but it is just that. Ultra Rare, it's not like you see it every game.
Just get over it and learn to dodge hatchets. This will help you in the long run.
I said earlier "I dont think huntress is OP". You just keep proving you talk more than you listen (or read). Glad you're done, you've accomplished nothing.
Yea thats why they would allow her to keep all the hatchets instead of losing them with the offering, just a thought. They do need to fix the current hitbox issue too.. I've had hatchets fly pretty much through me
I know, its obviously broken and they have already said they are working on it - this is a mynute point in this topic because its an actual issue not a suggestion for an existing item.
You are blanketing all survivors under your points of being cry babies who want killers nerfed. As much as you have disagreed and called me bad thus far, I don't fall under these points, as MANY other survivor mains don't.
IE. I think the spirit needs a buff, her windy noise gives up her position and alerts survivors too easily of her approach, taking away from the whole point of her power and ruining the aspect of surprise/jump scares/mind games which is my favorite part of being a killer, i love jump scares and mind gaming.
I also don't run meta perks, i havnt touched self-care since before it was even nerfed.
I also was a wraith main before and am very happy he is viable again.
I am not a survivor main who only cries for killer nerfs, I want the game balanced because i truly enjoy both sides. My thread was just an idea i had, doesnt mean its a good/bad idea or will happen, i just wanted to share it.
But you are generalizing all survivor mains as these cry babies who run meta perks and want killers nerffed, thats not true, but yes these types of people do exist, just like toxic killers do who camp or want constant buffs, but that is not what i'm trying to convey here.
As for my my opinion not trying to get a bunch of hate after this but I feel as if the killers are not as powerful as some may hope because they have to balance survivors around the strongest killer with the strongest add ons in order to have a chance to survive even in that situation, now that being said if they would nerf the strongest killer slightly and nerf survivors along with that , you could find a solid balance that works and allows all killers to be viable instead of constant Billy and nurse or having to rework every killer to buff them to this level , nobody will ever be satisfied with the results though , even if they have killers every buff you could specifically hand pick you would have a group still complaining and the same with survivors, just an opinion though.
Yea i agree, especially with "nobody will ever be satisfied". Game balance is an everlasting thing and its never going to be perfect. Thats kind of part of the fun sometimes, changing metas, making new killers/perks/addons/etc better and others worse, then changing it up again later. Keeps people playing different things and keeps it fresh..