New Auto Haven just looks...worse?

Not really trying to start a debate here, merely asking if people are like minded.

Imo new Auto Haven straight up just looks worse then it did, some textures might be higher quality but the overall look is so meh.

What I mean is, first of all, I am REALLY aware of how ermm flat and harsh the ground looks, it does not look like sand or mud, it looks so damn flat, like its a mirror or something with a sand texture on it, very much not selling the illusion of some outdoors area.

All the objects look very...placed, like they are all their own thing but not something that forms a whole, a completely image, just individual parts thrown together but never merging.

And the jungle gyms etc, they also look so damn square/rectangular, it does not look like the organic garbage its suppose to represent but just this square clean wall with a garbage look texture on it but not selling the illusion at all that it is, it needs stuff that looks deformed, jutting out, all that sort of stuff.

idk maybe some bumb mapping or tessilation can solve it, im just one voice so we will be stuck with this look for a long time but man....just looks really bad and depressing, kinda like Watch Dogs Legion in a way.


Ormond however looks quite alright apart from the copy-pasted grass, I especially like and appreciate the wind and snow effect, nice touch.

Comments

  • i like the new maps graphics

  • I love the new Autohaven maps, and the new Ormond.

    The new Autohaven maps look like a creepy, desolate scrapyard to me. Exactly the kind of place to get chased by a spooky killer.

    I like the blocky textures that make everything look like they have already been run through the crusher.