New Blood Lodge is the new Haddonfield
This map is heavily survivor favored. I can't imagine this map having been playtested nearly as much as it should have. The gens are too far apart, the lighting makes survivors hard to see, and there are tons of safe loops.
There's no pressuring these gens; you will get gen rushed against any decent team. They're simply too far apart, and most are right next to those unmindgameable pallets.
You don't even need to be Blendette to blend in on this map. Any cosmetic that isn't bright rainbow colors is gonna be hard to make out. If gen rush wasn't the go-to strategy on this map, stealth would be the next best thing.
There's no mindgame to a majority of these loops. There's TLs of course which are hit or miss depending on the players, but I personally hate dealing with them. There's always safe pallets on the "out in the open" gens that guarantee wasted time. The lodge itself, as we all predicted, is a pseudo infinite now unless you break the breakable wall. The basic loops that are just a wall with a pallet in the middle are fairer, but become unmindgameable once the pallet is dropped. And don't forget jungle gyms and killer shack are still present, which are self-explanatory.
Any one of these aspects would be annoying on their own, but this map has it all. SWF will have no problems at all bullying killers on this map. The new graphics are nice and all, but the map design isn't practical, at least for killer.
Comments
I haven't try it much myself, but on the ptb it seemed like a really small map. I cannot really comment on your opinion due to lack of information, but I'll say that nothing is worse than haddonfield.
Please be overreacting. Please. We don't need another Haddonfield.
Give me Blood Lodge instead of Haddonfield any day.
Easiest Nurse map.
I played on it once or twice today. Seemed fine. Then again, I started over the game today and have been playing with mostly babies.
It's been just almost 5 hours since update launched and you already compared it with a map that has been in the game for 3 years
Did I stutter?