When low ranks fair better against deathslinger than high ranks
Now, you know i'm a slinger main, comfortable dwelling somewhere in green ranks.
What I notice often is that new players often do so much better than 'veterans' when it comes to counterplay. And I found why: New players do four things:
They start going in groups of two when they know it's Caleb, meaning they'll run into the chain when the other gets speared, the keep an eye on the area more than with some other non-stealth killers, they seem to consider their surroundings and try to guess what I can shoot through/over, and they stealth when possible.
A behaviour I very rarely see from purple and red ranks, aka those that complain the loudest about 'no counterplay'.
So, if low ranks know how to do it, why don't high ranks?
Comments
He has counterplay but is not just braindead loopy; you have to bait him into a shoot: if he miss a shoot, he lose a lot of ground on the survivor. II best counter, he has low map mobility, so gen rushy it's actually a thing against him. But ppl want just loop. I will mori the plebs until they stop playing the game, I'm tired to all this "loopy" meta
Exactly (except the mori, unless they are douchecanoes and I meet them again).
And really, I have met so many new players who not just do what I wrote, but... They do totems. As if it's a given.
I hope they will never get convinced only loopy-jukey-genrush is the sole true way to play