Getting hit through stairs?

Is the hitscan really that bad that they can m1 me from the ground floor when im 75% up the stairs?

I cant believe this is really a thing lol, might as well hit through solid objects.


Can anyone explain?

Comments

  • Most likely latency. The killer is almost always 2-3 steps closer than they appear

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    Most likely latency. The killer is almost always 2-3 steps closer than they appear

    Didn't they literally put systems in place for this? So much for that I guess lol. The killer I mentioned wasnt even at the base of the stairs though.

  • @SlimyTaco said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1779055#Comment_1779055

    Didn't they literally put systems in place for this? So much for that I guess lol. The killer I mentioned wasnt even at the base of the stairs though.

    Dedicated servers amplified latency imo, but of course your set-up and connection influence it as well.

    My favorite is in chase you throw a pallet, get hit, get the stun killer points, but no actual stun occurs and you are leleported back to the killer's side as well. And I run Lithe most times too, so I'm also ehausted, meaning I took a step on the other side of the pallet, but..

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1779069#Comment_1779069

    Dedicated servers amplified latency imo, but of course your set-up and connection influence it as well.

    My favorite is in chase you throw a pallet, get hit, get the stun killer points, but no actual stun occurs and you are leleported back to the killer's side as well. And I run Lithe most times too, so I'm also ehausted, meaning I took a step on the other side of the pallet, but..

    yeah, the dude was on the side of stairs to redwood forest and I was in the middle running up. Dumb stuff happens ig. I dont like that its only detrimental to survs. It's like inherent favoritism of sorts.